Skip to content

Multiple Captcha Sniper copies being spawned by SER

edited December 2012 in Need Help
I've got a copy of SER & CS running on an XP box. SER is up to date, so is CS. I start SER and leave it. I come back later and there are multiple copies of CS running, and all but the first are naturally complaining about port 80.

Why are these multiple copies popping up? I did a remote with the CS guy. He took a look for a few minutes and blamed SER for launching the extra copies.

Sometimes this takes several hours to happen. Though just before posting this I was able to make it happen in seconds.

Comments

• Until there is a fix for your issue just open CS before starting SER.
  • I do. When I start with SER doing the CS launch I get the problem in seconds. Otherwise it takes hours. Sometimes 6 or so. But always within 10. I have ended up with as many as 14 copies of CS open.

Sounds like you've heard of this problem before.
  • Would it help if I launched CS before even launching SER, let alone hitting the Start button?
  • Hello,

I would suggest that you do exactly that, open CS before starting SER.

Because when SER loads CS, CS goes unresponsive, so SER tries to load it again, and it's unresponsive and then you pop up port 80 error and so on...

So just start CS before SER, wait for it to load, then start SER and press start. :)
  • I don't think its *just* a problem of launching and starting things in order. This didn't pop up at all until I moved SER+CS to a different box. But I'll give that a shot.
  • Well, this suggestion has worked for 9.5 hours. If it works another 6 or so I'll consider it solv-ed.
  • edited December 2012
    Oops. Failed. Didn't work.

Is @Sven looking into this?
  • on my case , 

it is not a big issue on what i start first (CS or SER)

maybe its on your desktop

coz mine is working perfectly :)

(im using VPS)
  • Yes, and mine was working flawlessly too. Until I recently switched machines. Now, not so much. And I had CS support come in and look at my setup. He's certain its SER.
  • switched machines?

wat machines?
  • This has *not* been Answered.
  • @Sven needs to comment on this.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @TheEditor do you have remote access to that PC (query me details). I must have a look myself there I guess.
  • I'll send details soon.
  • Yes , me too .. I have the same problem. I fix it by running the CS first before I start GSA SER.