Skip to content

Captcha Ticker Explanation?

edited June 2014 in Need Help
My Captcha Ticket (at Bottom) Says C:491|107|16

When i hover on it ,it explains :"Captcha sent to service: 1st servive | second service and so on.."

Before typing my queries let me tell you that i'am using 3 services :CB(X3 retries),RP(X2 retries) and DBC .

So..my Queries are :

1:Can this be used as success rate data ? I'mean SER sent 491 to first service ,got 107 wrong replies which it then sent to the second one and so on !!

2.Does this ticker includes retries too?

3.Does this mean second service is working (as very few captchas are sent to third one)?

Olve1954 @Sven

Comments

• 2. Yes, it should include retries too.

3. Yes, it would seem so, as very little is sent to your 3rd service. Which is what you want as you have to pay for humans to solve them.

1. I won't use that ticker as success rate data, as it just counts the number of captchas sent to that service. It doesn't tell how many of those got an answer, and/or if the answer is correct or not.

>I'mean SER sent 491 to first service ,got 107 wrong replies which it then sent to the second one and so on

No, it doesn't work that way. SER will only send the captcha to the 2nd service if it doesn't get any response (or answer) after X max retries from the 1st service. If the answer is wrong from the 1st service, SER doesn't use the 2nd service, but retry the whole submission again. Sven has explained the concept of Retries here,

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/6937/captcha-retry-clarification-retries-service-or-retries-to-solve