Skip to content

is this possible to do with GSA SER?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Say I have two URLs:

1) domain.com/article-about-dogs#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}
2) domain.com/article-about-cats#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}

Then if I submit an article, let's say GSA SER chooses the first URL in the example above, is it possible for the software to also choose a specific article file based on the URL that it has chosen? So now I will have:

* the URL about dogs - domain.com/article-about-dogs#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}
* the article about dogs - dog_article.txt

If this is possible, how do I do this (what are the macro commands)?

Another question - what is the macro command so that the software uses all of those anchor texts in the article? Is it <a href="%url">%anchor_text1%</a>?

I am horrible at explaining but hopefully this is somewhat understandable. :(

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

you can add urls like {#1 url#anchor} ...and name the article also 1.txt e.g. Than it will chose that file if you have %spinfolder-c:\articles\% used in article field or you can put the articles there directly and have them use #1 as tag in spin syntax.

You should only use %url% and %anchor_text% in your article. That will choose the correct url + anchor text for you.

• do you have to put the actual #1 before the url or just the fact that it is the first url it chooses the 1.txt article, or is the index 0 based?
  • edited December 2012
    Let's see if I understand things correctly:

1) When I add URLs, it should be in this format? -> {#1 htp://www.domain.com/article-about-dogs#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}}

2) In the 'Article Body' field I should only type this one macro command? -> %spinfolder-c:\articles\%

3) You said "...or you can put the articles there directly and have them use #1 as tag in spin syntax." What's the proper command for that? Is it -> {{#1 first_article_goes_here}|{#2 second_article_goes_here}}

4) What about for the 'Article Title' field? What is the macro command so that my article title matches the URL+anchor text and the article body? I don't want my article title to be about cats when the URL, anchor text, and article body are all talking about dogs!

5) Do these macro commands work -> %url1% and %anchor_text1%

6) If I use HTML tags and the site I'm submitting to only accepts BBCode, GSA will auto switch the HTML tags to BBCode tags, correct?

Thanks!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

3) ... it should be {#1 article1|#2 article2|#3 ...}

4) this is not limited to s special fiel. You can use the same in "article_title" as in "article". {#1 title1|#2 title2|#3 ...}

5) yes thats also working. Also mentioned in the macro guide.

6) yes, or wiki or markdown or whatsoever.