Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is this possible to do with GSA SER?

edited December 2012 in Need Help
Say I have two URLs:

1) domain.com/article-about-dogs#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}
2) domain.com/article-about-cats#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}

Then if I submit an article, let's say GSA SER chooses the first URL in the example above, is it possible for the software to also choose a specific article file based on the URL that it has chosen? So now I will have:

* the URL about dogs - domain.com/article-about-dogs#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}
* the article about dogs - dog_article.txt

If this is possible, how do I do this (what are the macro commands)?

Another question - what is the macro command so that the software uses all of those anchor texts in the article? Is it <a href="%url">%anchor_text1%</a>?

I am horrible at explaining but hopefully this is somewhat understandable. :(

Answers

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

you can add urls like {#1 url#anchor} ...and name the article also 1.txt e.g. Than it will chose that file if you have %spinfolder-c:\articles\% used in article field or you can put the articles there directly and have them use #1 as tag in spin syntax.

You should only use %url% and %anchor_text% in your article. That will choose the correct url + anchor text for you.

• do you have to put the actual #1 before the url or just the fact that it is the first url it chooses the 1.txt article, or is the index 0 based?
  • edited December 2012
    Let's see if I understand things correctly:

1) When I add URLs, it should be in this format? -> {#1 htp://www.domain.com/article-about-dogs#{anchor1|anchor2|anchor3}}

2) In the 'Article Body' field I should only type this one macro command? -> %spinfolder-c:\articles\%

3) You said "...or you can put the articles there directly and have them use #1 as tag in spin syntax." What's the proper command for that? Is it -> {{#1 first_article_goes_here}|{#2 second_article_goes_here}}

4) What about for the 'Article Title' field? What is the macro command so that my article title matches the URL+anchor text and the article body? I don't want my article title to be about cats when the URL, anchor text, and article body are all talking about dogs!

5) Do these macro commands work -> %url1% and %anchor_text1%

6) If I use HTML tags and the site I'm submitting to only accepts BBCode, GSA will auto switch the HTML tags to BBCode tags, correct?

Thanks!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

3) ... it should be {#1 article1|#2 article2|#3 ...}

4) this is not limited to s special fiel. You can use the same in "article_title" as in "article". {#1 title1|#2 title2|#3 ...}

5) yes thats also working. Also mentioned in the macro guide.

6) yes, or wiki or markdown or whatsoever.