Skip to content

Why Contextual Verification Keeps Getting Worse - by @ron

2»

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    ^^ @jonathonjon - I'm glad @Brumnick is answering all the questions today, as I 100% agree   =D>
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Thank you Ron and thank at Sven for 8.23 ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Huge thanks @Ron for staying on top of things like this!
    =D>
  • Didn't turn on anything just yet. Just what I read makes me positive. To Sven, Ron and Serlists team I send my top regards. Congrats.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Kaine, @justAIMe, @Yguru - Thanks guys!!

Remember, we are users too, and we have a vested interest in making this work for our projects. We are like everybody else. If SER sneezes, we catch a cold, yell at the kids, etc. - lol.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    the latest version 8.24 is going at warp drive speeds for me,...  it might take off!  8-}
  • @morphman we found that with 8.23 that contextual engines are flying, but the junk tiers are crawling. Can you run a short test with just junk and tell us your LPM?
    edited April 2014
    Yes 8.26 is not bad too ^^ :)

3 succes list in same time, 600 threads +450 LPM ... : D > time to upgrade hardware.

I think Sven also improve scraping.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    edited April 2014
    Yeah i'm now on v 8.26 and it is working better even than v 8.24 

@Satans_Apprentice do you still need a test? not sure if I would be the best candidate to run it as i've only got a small setup at 100 threads - but willing to if it would help

• @ron, are you still on 8.23?

I was just curious because I think you're running only imported lists on SER, and quite a few people have had problems lately (with 8.26 and 8.27) doing that (melting CPU's basically).
  • @satans_apprentice I'm seeing very similiar thing My T1's are building up like crazy but my other tiers are pretty much stopping.
  • Yes, CPU load is crazy recently!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    @Hunar - I agree. I have only been running contextuals the past few days because SER has been slowing down to 20%-30% when the junk tiers are turned on. I also noticed that the contextuals run 2X faster if you disable verification. By the way, I'm not referring to the CPU load. I'm referring to how incredibly slow SER is running if you don't do things exactly right. Very frustrating.

@Artsi - I saw that v8.27 really slows things down even more, while v8.26 stays fast with only contextuals, just like v8.23.
  • I'm SO relieved to hear other people are having some difficulties as well... Sometimes in the middle of all-encompassing tweaking I tend to start wondering what have I done wrong this time.

The 8.31 is something that I can now run projects on, but there's still this lagging that I can't quite put my finger around. Well, let's see, let's see...
  • My cpu load is crazy right now, well over 90 percent straght after the last update, had to shut it down before my computer melted.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    Guys, compared to the 7.xx versions, these 8.xx versions run at snails pace.

7.51 runs at 1200 threads with ease, builds around 200,000 contextual links a day (using lists) @ a rate of 300-400lpm.

8.xx maxes out at around 400 threads, lpm drops to low low figures and I get around 20k verifieds per day.

Go figure.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2014
    ^^ I 100% agree.
    edited April 2014
    @Tim89

You have 7.51 ? nothing more going, it gave me.

I have 8.13 .14 .15 .23 .24 .26 which is better ?
  • Guys... @ron or @Tim89, could some of you fine gentlemen put the .exe file for, say, 7.51 somewhere in here?

I don't know if I'm just hallucinating stuff, but I've been running 7.98 and 7.78 and even with those the lists are going through SER like an overweight man swimming in jello. I have nothing but pretty big scraped lists in there, 14 projects and barely 10 LpM. Seems really weird and I just can't figure out what the actual problem is.
  • Hooray @kaine! Hooray @gooner!

Hooray for boobies as well!

I'll install and see what it says.
  • Nah, no luck with 7.51 for me either.

I just can't figure it out. I've deleted and reinstalled SER several times even... Are there some files that linger around in the computer that could be causing this?

In this particular 7.51 what happens is, that at 150 threads the CPU stays perfectly at 99%. Memory seems normal, even a bit lower to what I've used to.

SER chokes when it's posting. When it's verifying (I'm using proxies on that if it makes any difference), the CPU drops immediately to normal levels.

Is someone actually running a well-funciotning SER right now? How specifically?
    edited May 2014
    Delete file in roaming.
    CPU at 99% in SER only not in task ressource ;)

We feel that he has aged but more importantly, it verifies link.

And he don't burn proxy, i don't know why but i like : P
  • What the hell, I'll jump on the wagon and give 7.51 a shot as well. If indeed 7.51 performs better than the latest release in terms of verified urls, I'll try collecting a list of urls which 7.51 can post to and verify while the latest version can't, and repeating this a couple of times to avoid some random factors. I'd suggest everyone else to do the same if we really want things to be improved.
    edited May 2014

Make a backup of you're projects, it'll change.

The most important is the audit, we are here to make backlinks ;)

@Sven received a big check of Google ^^
  • lol version talks again. Once we preferred 5.23 and 5.26, takes me back to the good times :)