Skip to content

It's Friday - Let's Buy Sven & Ozz a few Beers :-)

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited November 2012 in Other / Mixed
We all know how hard Sven & Ozz works...how quick they are to offer suggestions, or to implement ideas, suggestions, bug fixes. etc

(I know Ozz is not working for GSA...)

I'm sure they've also had a long week...

If you think they are doing a great job, let's buy them a few beers. Maybe add a paypal donate Sven a beer and a donate Ozz a beer button. 

Not sure if Sven or Ozz drinks beer, but they're German after all...so odds are they will. 

Any thoughts on this???
Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    I do accept BeerBitcoins :)
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Hebt die Gläser!

Prost auf die Entwickler ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    mmtj - you're also German? I'm in Frankfurt at the moment, but heading to Austria next week. So many people on this forum are German! 

Ozz - send us a link where we can donate you a beer. :-)  I'm still using paypal. 
  • Yep, born and raised.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Whereabouts? You're English is very good. I wouldn't have guessed it! 

Gruesse aus Frankfurt!
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    @GlobalGoogler. I really appriciate your offer, but there is no need to. Donate the money to something helpfull like Doctors without Bounders or One Laptop per Child instead. That would be awesome :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Interesting ideas. Just wanted to get you a beer. :-) 

Quite interesting about the one laptop per child...last year I spent 8 months driving around Africa. We visited all kinds of places, sometimes they haven't seen white people. The most incredible amazing unbelievable experience ever! Such a beautiful continent (I'm from Africa!)  Most of the time the laptops go through middle men and then are sold in markets in Africa. There are very few countries that we came across where they reach the end destination. The same applies to all the clothes that the red cross and others donate. Basically, they get imported and somehow some middleman, takes them, breaks up the bundles and they then get sold to the poor people who then sell them on. It creates a whole industry and creates business (thousands upon thousands of small sellers get access to them), but they are not received free as intended. I bought lots of clothes from these sellers. Literally 1Eur to 3Eur per item, from fancy Diesel jeans, to anything.  

The one country that's a little different is Rwanda. Here they are working at removing corruption - and although they don't have electricity in many of these small towns (and I mean tiny...like you need a 4x4 and half a day to do 50km!) they have started the policy. So it's a good start. But they don't even have health care. They are SO poor there. But the are amongst the nicest people in the world! 

Just some ramblings..and fully agree with donating to charity, just quite tricky to find one where it gets to the right place...where can I send you a beer!?
  • thats why i don't donate to charity at all..when i will have enough money I will sponsor a child for his/her education by giving money direct to school or local organization I am familiar with..
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @senty4love - so interesting that you mentioned donating to a school for education. I have been having a big discussion with some friends who are passionate about changing a country (South Africa), and I keep coming back to education as being the first area that needs to be addressed....before crime, before healthcare, before housing. Those are all things that follow...

Anyways...let's hope Sven can put a donate a beer paypal button somewhere....
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@Ozz good idea indeed...or even donate to unicef :)

I for myself don't like beer anyway...absinth maybe but thats it.