Skip to content

Import Target URL

JamesJames SEREngines.com
edited November 2012 in Need Help
If I import a list of URLs into a specific project, are all those URLs added to the Global Site List? (So they will be used in other projects that get urls from the global sites list).

Also if the project I am importing the target urls has a PR filter of 3, what does it do with all the other URLs below that? Discard them or put them in the global sites list too for other projects with a lower PR filter to use?
Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    1) YES if you have checked the option to safe identified sites to folder.

2) ALL identified URLs will be safed in site lists. You can use filtered URLs for tiered linking for example. I do this all the time with Search+Post for Tier1 and use all filtered/unused URLs for Tier2+ in "use global site list" mode only.
  • JamesJames SEREngines.com
    Thanks Ozz
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Hi Ozz 

Can you explain this a little more "I do this all the time with Search+Post for Tier1 and use all filtered/unused URLs for Tier2+ in "use global site list" mode only."

Didn't quite get what you meant here...
    Hi GlobalGoogler.

He means he sets his Tier 1 for Search and Post (scrape google for new sites to post on).. Then on his Tier 2 he just uses the global site lists (doesn't scrape google for new urls).

So when the Tier 1 finds a url, its saved to the Global Site List, if its not suitable for the Tier 1 (due to the filtering conditions), it will probably be used by the outer tiers.

This is obviously saving threads, and hits on google.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks...that's exactly what I do anyway. 
  • Thanks Jamese. Very well explained.
    another question - If I am importing urls to a project and there are some platforms not selected in that project, will it still detect them and add them to the global site lists?
  • Yes, it does.
  • i have one question, where is the global site lists saved?
  • In order not to open new thread, I have related question...

If I understood well, "global site list" is INDIVIDUAL and when I scrape some websites, they are added to MY global site list? So if I run let's say 3 campaigns projects in different niche with different keywords, ALL sites will be added to the GLOBAL site list?

Then if I decide to make 4th campaign and check "Use global site list" it will use global site list and as well search for new keywords from time to time?

Or I'm wrong?
  • Ok I get it, it saves to the list on the hard drive. So it's PERSONAL global list. :)
    Following on with the Global Site Lists talk, if I save it to a dropbox and share it between 2 SER installs, will that work fine?
  • @rodol, you can decide where to save global list under "Options" find setting to "safe identified sites to folder" and that's your Global list...

@Jamese, I think you will not have problems with that, you can either do that or import all those URLs with Import feature...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If sharing with drobox, make sure to clear out the hidden file called dropbox cache or you'll get a 70GB hidden file very quickly. 
    @GlobalGoogler Thanks for the tip :)