Skip to content

My Compiled List Of Tips/Notes/Threads/Resources For Using SER

2»

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

A decent speed home line and a pc with a good cpu and you can run circles round most people using a vps

I cant wait for the day I finally get to move back to the UK and getting good home internet speeds. No need to run a vps for anything over 6mbt

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    @Alexr -- I specifically mentioned South Africa in my second sentence. and i mentioned that the choose of a vps depends on where you live, your ISP ( meaning the charges) and on having a stable connection.So yes for South Africans VPS would be the better option

In Afrikaans --> "Ek is oorspronklik van Suid Afrika af so ek weet hoe fokken belaglik dier die internet daar is - my simpatie vir julle." :-)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    :-) - Where are you from @RoyalMice
  • Anyone has the list of High PR Wiki and Article Directories? As I have scraped for whole day and only got 5 successfully verified links :(@alexr
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    AlexR I live in the land of milk and honey where you get stung by bees and chased by cows
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    Yea it depends where you live i guess. I've been tested 100mbps - 8gb ram home connection against 1gbps - 4gb ram VPS and there isn't much difference to be honest.

The VPS was speed tested at 865mbps before i started but it didn't really produce better results. Guess GSA SER just doesn't need that kind of speed to work well.
  • thanks alot
  • bloupbloupbloupbloup Spain
    edited October 2013
    @royalmice

I agree

Here in western europe, we can use GSA SER without any problem.
    I tested internet connections in France, Spain, Netherlands, German,. and Uk. 

Nevertheless, get a VPN to hide why you are doing. 
  • Right on. Thank you.
  • This really is an awesome collection many thanks to the author for taking the time.
  • Thanks@DavidA2 1 place with lot of informations thanks man
  • You write:  5.) Run SER on a PC that can handle it, and that has a good internet connection. This DOES NOT have to be a VPS.    
    ---
    Why not to use the VPS? I can not keep my computer turned on ...

• I think the Tip means : When using GSA SER, it doesnt really require you to use VPS hence you can use your  "PC that can handle it".
  • I currently run GSA on a spare computer but I am moving to a VPS. If you do not have unlimited bandwidth, it can get really expensive in a hurry. Here in the US, AT&T Uverse has a 250GB cap on bandwidth used per month. If you use netflix regularly, you are already approaching that limit, GSA will get you way over that limit
  • This is a pretty amazing resource for those that would like to, (but haven't) tamed the beast SER is. 
  • Thanks a lot for this great compilatioin though I have made use of ser for just couples of months there are still much for me to learn here
  • borngreat007

I cant belive it, in US companies limits bandwidth to their costumers.
    Are all ISP doing this or only particular ones?
  • mo1962mnmo1962mn ireland
    Great information just what the hair doctor ordered lol keep up the good work we all need help sometimes..