Skip to content

Spamhaus Listed - Sever Suspension Threat - GSA SER Leaking Server IP when Proxies Enabled

2»

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    @nashranking - Relax mate, all you need to do is this:

- "Uncheck "disable private proxy if when detected to be down"
    - Check "Stop projects on no active proxies"

I got a warning like you, i put the settings as above and i asked their support to take a look at SER and confirm it's ok. They confirmed it was ok and i had no more issues.

But, a lot depends on your proxies. If they are leaking nothing will save you.
  • Just doing a quick scroll here and I see nothing about blacklist. Do you have your own blaclist that you import to each project. A list f sites that are known for bitching to spamhaus..
  • edited March 2014
    I got the same complaint as use when I used buy proxies on volume drive dedi server. my friend told me to get a blacklist and 99% of complaints will go away. So now I generate a new list each month and load it up in each project I run. here is the one I use now. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4555229/blacklist.txt
  • You know what I do, rent a VPN from a VPN Provider for $7.95, and then use proxies behind that.   That way if your ip does get leaked, it's leaking the VPN and not your IP address.
  • @F0l2saken that is a really nice idea. Are there VPN providers that can provider high enough bandwidth connections? And who do you recommend?
  • I use these guys and they work for me, but I can't vouch for how much bandwidth they have, they work for me though.  They give you a downloadable client that you log into and then it changes your entire windows install to use their ip, then you can use proxies and you have double protection.  OpenVPN works best for me (protocol)

http://www.ibvpn.com/
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

if you use proxies everywhere there is no real ip used except for:

1. captcha services/askmebot

3. indexing services (ping urls will use proxies according to submission proxy settings)

4. spinners

• Now do you understand @coneh34d as sven confirmed.

Its okay to be wrong sometimes...don't get mad lol
  • jpvr90 You are right. You are awesome. Good!
  • edited May 2014
    @OnkelMicha how do you generate a new list each month for the blacklist? Where can we find the most updated one? Thanks!
  • In my experience do not use Forums to submit to as they run widely shared blacklists that a single leaking ip will cause you to get blacklisted and banned.
    You get one email blacklisted or an ip and you lose a ton of verified links.

Not woth the risk,check in projects you are not spamming forums.
    Once I removed forums from projects I never got a single spamhaus warning again.
  • @igerr

I can't remember but I only updated it twice this year, havent gotten any complaints ever since then.

I think I used a small tool that scraped the URLS for me. Only a few thousand and it seemed to work perfectly fine for me.

-Micha