Skip to content

Keyword Lists

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    My projects rotate on the scheduler every 20 minutes, so every time a project's number is called, it gets a new set of 250 keywords for those 20 minutes. So it keeps getting new keywords.
  • @ron do you run only one project for 20m then switch?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I run 10 projects every 20 minutes.
  • When building out these lists, I imagine filtering using stop words makes sense. Here is a decent resource:
  • Top 100.000 searched keywords from the web - http://www.mediafire.com/view/?4cd4aav00wn04gs
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    @ron I wanted to try macro you mentioned but I can't find any option to modify keyword section in every project at once, adding it manually to every single project on vps when it lags sometimes is pain in ... can anyone help ?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited January 2014
    You should be able to do that in Notepad++, especially if you have the same keyword set in multiple projects. Whether done manually or with notepad, you will have ultimate flexibility once implemented. If you do it in Notepad++ you can do it in the background while SER runs. If memory is an issue, then stop the VPS. I like to stop the VPS if I know I have a lot of project edits and new projects to add. It's not worth the headache and the lag, so that's why I stop SER when needed. 

• Ron is the Notepad++ master.
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    thanks, I'll play a bit with notepad then
  • @Ron, I used to stop SER to implement changes, but now I use my home computer to set up projects, back them up, restore them to my server with SER on it. No downtime and SER works faster on my 64bit Windows laptop.
  • Great thread with awesome info in it!

One question I have though:

When splitting up the keywords in small batches and using the spinfolder marco, does each file has to be in spintax or does line by line work as well?

Beside that, given I start a project and it runs the first file of keywords, will it automatically take the next file or is a restart (scheduled as Ron mentioned above) required ?
  • The keywords need to be in spintax. There's a tool around that will do it for you. Spinfile will grab a random .txt file, and use random keywords. No need to restart. Whenever you want, you can swap out .txt files.
  • @Satans_Apprentice are you sure about them being in spintax since it's using only 1 KW for all queries when I did a quick test.
  • @ron do you think its more efficient to have projects on timers, or better to have All projects active when you have 100+ projects?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @splawnnitro - I always use the scheduler, set at 10 projects for 20 minutes (to make sure it can get to email which I have set at 15 minutes).

The only analogy I can make is that setting them all active is like a mom dog with a litter of 10 pups. Not everybody is going to get an equal share of milk. Some projects just seem to get squeezed out of getting a fair share. Plus, I get better LPM and more verifieds on scheduler.

@theseo1 - Yes, the keywords are in spintax.

@JudderMan - I prefer to change things while they are active. It depends how hot my CPU's are running. One server is always cool, and the other one gives me a headache trying to make edits. It all depends on the CPU and the load you are processing. It is an old trick, but I get better speed by restarting the VPS every so often..
  • If you use spinfile or spinfolder, the lists need to be in spintax. Hence the term "spin" in all 3.
  • I tested, and if you use plain keyword files you should use this macro:
    %spinfile-C:\keywords\%

This way SER gets a random file from 'keywords' directory, and gets a random line from that file.

If you use %spinfolder on plain keyword files - SER gets the whole contents of that file as a keyword,
    and you don't want this definitely.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    ^^Nice add.
  • @ron Thanks! I should have been doing that for a while now.. ser is running alot lighter now too thats for sure!
  • steelbonesteelbone Outside of Boston
    edited February 2014
    @ron

Ron said "I always use the scheduler, set at 10 projects for 20 minutes (to make sure it can get to email which I have set at 15 minutes)."

can to share any screen shots? :)

This sounds like a rock solid method...Since i am a good amount of projects i am curious to see how you do it for sure...

Running 20 tier1's and 20 tie2's all at the same time....pr2 or better for teir1's and pr1 or better for tier2

Thanks

• @steelbone First stop all projects . then select all projects you want to run on scheduler than click on the little arrow besides the green start button and finally click "schedule with all selected" .

Thanks Don....
  • ronron SERLists.com

@steelbone

I have all projects stopped, but Active, and then it will hit all projects, alternating 10 at a time for 20 minutes each.

Thanks Ron...Going to give this a try
    Ok...so i have 40 project running right now

20 tier 1 and 20 tier2

It seems like i would just highlight all 40 projects then use the scheduler and it would hit 10 of these every 30 minutes or what ever.

Is there a way to do it in a certain order

30 min tier 1
    30 min tier 1

30 min tier 2
    30 min tier 2

Thanks
  • Sometimes I find it easier to just run all projects in one group for an hour, then switch to the next group of projects. Gives a bit more control but it only really works if you already have verified links in all tiers.
  • ronron SERLists.com

You are overthinking it. Plus if you want to get into the "SER babysitting" mode you will eventually shoot yourself.

Just put everything on Active and let that thing run. It uses less money, and you will flat out make more links. Don't complicate this.

just did it ron....does the scheduler popup box always stay open when the scheduler is running??

thanks all
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2014
    @steelbone - Yeah it stays open, but it often gets hidden behind the actual SER screen. You can hit the minimize button and shrink the main SER screen to find that little devil. It happens when you keep going back and forth to your desktop.