Skip to content

"Cloud" Based Site Lists Repository

edited November 2012 in Feature Requests
Hi Sven,

I am using GSA SER on a couple of VPS and my main machine at home. I have the standard 4 global lists stored in Dropbox (identified, verified etc...) I have thought about running a singular list from Dropbox to store all site lists so they are shared amongst all resources as curerntly each VPS / Machine have their own lists and I merge them once in a while.

Would it be possible in the current software setup to maintain one single list accessible in the "Cloud" using something like Dropbox? Would there be any file access issues if several files tried to be written too at the same time etc - Maybe its a feature request that there is some kind of buffering / retry on updating site lists if the file cannot be accessed?

TIA

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry I don't think dropbox will work here as that system would handle the files as one thing and not as a file where content is written at the end (like a log file). Though I never played with dropbox.
  • AFAIK it is not possible by now and causes conflicts. But I'm not 100% sure about this as I don't tried this by myself.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Also - watchout for the dropbox hidden cache file. It quickly reaches 70gb and can't be found using explorer with show hidden files. You need a separate program to spot this massive file and then if you have only 100gb it jams up your VpS!