Skip to content

Low Number of Links Indexed

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited October 2012 in Need Help
I am just reviewing a number of my projects in GSA SER. I have verified the links, removed any unverified links. Then I have checked to see how many of the links that are verified have been indexed.

Generally it is finding 1 or 2 links per 50 verified links are indexed in Google.

Is this normal? If not, how can I improve this? The project has been live for about 3 or 4 weeks. (could it be too soon to tell?)
Tagged:

Comments

• I find that my tiers are running @ 35-45% indexing rate. But, that is after blasting the tiers and a good 6-8 weeks later. That's pretty good in my book.

How long has it been since the links were posted?
  • if u dont do anything ..then its going to be hard to get your links indexed..I usually get around 10% indexed without building any links to them..

Building more tiers and using more incontext links will improve indexing rate..when i build second tier links i usually get around 60-70% indexing rate [for contextual links]..also keep in mind Bookmarking sites hardly get indexed in google [except top 10 sites]
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It hasn't been 6 to 8 weeks yet, so I'll guess I have to wait. I just had no idea what a norm is. These are for contextual links with a tier 2, but not blasted tier 2. I set tier 2 to about 10 verified links per day. 
  • The 'norm' generally speaking for links which you have built additional links to is in the 30-40% range. senty4love's figures of 60-70% are excellent and in my experience way above average for these types of properties so he must be doing something right :)
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited October 2012
    Creating tiers has been the best way for me to get my links indexed. That with combination of the pinging and the indexer.

Here's an updated ping list that might help with getting the links crawled. You can import in the ping section: http://pastebin.com/sfQ3Pfir

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks! Will add those two. I have my own list and have added it to yours and deduped. Seems like there were many similar ones. Anyways...here is the total deduped list for anyone who wants.

• thx a lot quite a big list with 250+ entries, you sure they are all up, i am not a expert but thought would be smarter to filter dupe domains there?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I already deduped the list. "here is the total deduped list for anyone who wants."
  • Global, do you use SEO indexer to index the links?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Yes.
  • I have a question. If you use higher tiers (2/3) to index the lower tiers (1/2), does the higher tiers have to be indexed themselves in order for the lower tiers to be indexed? If so, then it's really a game that can go and on, if you know what I mean.

That is, if so, building backlinks (2nd tiers) to your backlinks (1st tiers) does not necessarily index your 1st tier backlinks unless they (2nd tiers) are indexed, which means you need to build 3rd tiers to 2nd and so on.
  • edited October 2012
    Yes, this is true. But it is all a numbers game. If you build two tiers, and 30% of each get indexed, statistically, this means that only 9% of the 2nd tier links that get indexed will point to 1st tier links that are also indexed. This is VERY important, because this means that a high number of additional tier 1 links will probably now be indexed because indexed tier 2 links are pointing to them.

If you create tier 1 links that are on high quality sites that Google crawls and indexes well, you can also increase the percentage of tier 1 links indexed. Done properly, it should not be too hard to get 50-70% of tier 1 links indexed.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So are you suggesting using up resources/time to create tier 2 links to other peoples pages, guestbooks, etc, just so that you can get your link indexed? Surely it makes more sense to only have tier 2 links pointing at your contextual links, rather than your forum profiles, blog comments, etc?
  • The general consenceous is a bottom up approach to indexing links. Ie work hardest from the lowest tier to get these indexed and the trickle effect moves upwards ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    1) With all these tiers how many projects are you running per VPS?
    2) How many projects per website you want to rank for?

• Just a newbie question: What's the best way to check if your links have been indexed?

Sorry if it's a repeat question!!

Thanks!
  • right click project(s) -> show urls -> verified -> index check
  • Here is short answer..I build tier 1 links with variety of IP..domain..platform..and PR

Once tier 1 links build..I throw up everything at them as tier 2 to index them

Then finally I work to build more contextual links to tier 1 which have - my anchor..do follow with some PR and low outbound links
  • edited November 2012
    Isn't there a chance of leaving a detectible footprint with the GSA indexer? This concerns me a bit...
  • @AlexR - Link is dead. Can you reupload please?
  • @VbKing, I asked @sven in another thread to please allow a proxy with indexer.  He said he could do it.  I am with you, I like to cloak things a bit.  There is google analytics out there on some of those pages.  I don't want the association, although to most people, it is not significant.