Skip to content

1 Verified Link in 36 Hours - Need a Little Help Please!

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited November 2012 in Need Help
I am wanting to create a number of blog comments so I have only enabled all the blog comments. 

These are my settings:
1) 82 SE's selected. 
2) Ask All Services for Capcha, but use CS as primary with 6 retries.
3) Verify Links Must have exact URL
4) Always Use Keywords to Find Target Sites
5) OBL of 50
6) PR 1+
7) Use PR of Domain
8) Avoid Posting on Same Site Twice

I have 1000 keywords.
25 private proxies.
50 Threads, HTMl timeout 100, and custom SE time of 4s. I use proxies everywhere.
Maximum Website Size of 3mb

That's about it that I can think off.

Steps that I have done:
1) Checked proxies are valid (on Google). They still are. 
2) Cleared Target URL history
3) I see many entries like below:
15:53:30: [ ] 000/000 [Page END] results on ecosia.org Canada (English) for Blogspot.es with query site:.blogspot.es "keyword"
4) I use a catchall email address as per Ozz's suggestion. %spinfile-names.dat%{.|-|_}%spinfile-lnames.dat%%random-1965-1990%@domain.com

So...where am I going wrong and more importantly how do I fix it!
Tagged:

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    How many submissions did you get? Are the number of submissions high and only the verified low?
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    are your keywords too specific so the SEs won't find any (new) target URLs for your terms? you should test the search terms by hand.

also make sure that your proxies aren't banned by those SEs
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @S4nt0s - Submissions = 27 (But that was before I removed some of the other platforms, so probably closer to 15) 
    Keywords - 1000 PER project. At least 15 projects, but only 10 active with the scheduler per time.

@Ozz - how do I check that the proxies aren't banned by the SE's? (When I run the test in GSA 26/26 are working fine with the string google.com - So I don't think that all the proxies would be banned by another SE when they are all live in Google?)

If we had to put together a 10 step debug guide...what would they be...
    1) Check proxies in Google
    2) Check proxies in Bing
    3) Check number of keywords?
    4) Check number of SE's
  • You can try to use the "Identifier" for each SEs with the footprint and keywords and see if you get any results.
    But if you want to make sure you have to test the proxies in your browser with a proxy-plugin on that site.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So you think it's a proxy issue? Well I'm getting 20 new private proxies today so will test that and see if things improve...

If not a proxy issue...what else could it be?
  • No, I don't know if its a proxy issue but I don't want to rule that out.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - let me check I understand you correctly. I take 1 proxy and configure chrome to use it. I then go to the specific SE and then run the footprint in the SE. If I get an error, then it's proxy, if no error...then no proxy error right?
  • basically yes. but i would use the identifier first and see if it parse any results at all.

you can also use your proxies for posting only (+ uncheck query time) for a moment and see if you notice any differences.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    If I only proxies for posting it might use my IP for scraping and lead to trouble with Bermann.

What is the identifier? (Sorry for the question...but didn't catch it when you first wrote it!) 
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    options -> advanced -> tools -> identify and sort
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks...the more I think about it the more I think it is proxies...It's the 1st and I haven't updated them so figure they go dead at month end. 

All three VPS's have slowed down...

BUT the strange thing is I can test them on Google and they work! But now that I test in SB they show all as not working...

This is very peculiar...how reliable is the GSA proxy tester??? (as per previous suggestion I think @Sven should integrate a dropdown in the text options where we can choose the SE...or at least a small selection as opposed to the default Microsoft one)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the proxy tester works 100% ... just that you need to test it on a site that is stable with a proper test string.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Are there a few different test strings we can use and what are they? 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Currently I use 
    String: google.com

It shows all proxies work except 1. So 25/26 working. 
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    URL=http://www.guimp.com/
    String=tiny web site

is the "newest" test string i know of. This was used after reinstalling SER on my machine a couple of weeks ago.

Very funny homepage btw as they call it the smallest homepage in the world, lol. You can even play "Pong" there with 32x32 pixel, haha
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Excuse my ignorance here...

But when I use:
    String: google.com

It says 25/26 working proxies. 

When I use: 
    URL=http://www.guimp.com/
    String=tiny web site

It says 0/26 working proxies.

How come there is such a difference?

Also - what do you think of the feature request, that under this option there is a dropdown with 5 different options to test proxies..(This would also help solve the many errors with proxies on the forum. I see it quite often. This way, we can get everyone to test proxies with the 5 defaults and then troubleshoot from there). 
  • OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    i think that one test-string should be enough, when this is working.

if i understand right and my assumption is correct then google or bing could cause some "positive/false". the reason for that is for instance that a proxy might give a connection but a login-field pops up so you can't use that proxy without login. that should not be the case with private proxies, but i observed this with public proxies.

just to make sure, you just tested with "hxxp://www.guimp.com" and not "hxxp://anonym.to/?hxxp://www.guimp.com/", right?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I used the "hxxp://www.guimp.com"  exactly as you mentioned. Under test string I used "tiny web site" exactly as you advised. 

I also remember Devin some time ago advising to test proxies both on Google and Bing as they can give different results. This is why I suggested the 5 test dropdown...I doubt I'm the only one who finds my proxies test fine, but then aren't.