Skip to content

Anchor Text in URL Not Working

@Sven Hi, when I enter a URL in the following format http://domain.com/#keyword1#keyword2#keyword3 in the URL section and test it out the result shows that it only uses the first keyword. I am keeping the Anchor Text box cleared and don't have any of the other anchor text related checkboxes checked. When I go to test the output it shows the first keyword, and if I keep hitting it to switch sometimes it will show generic keywords, even though I don't have the box to use generic keywords ticked. It seems to be a bug, can we get a fix for this as I really need to be able to load multiple URLs with each having its own unique anchors attached to them. Thanks.

Comments

• Not sure why my post is coming up as one big block of text when I specifically made paragraphs out of it. Sorry if it's hard to read that way..
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

And thats the problem: You used url#main.anchor#secondary.anchor as format, but from your post you might wanted to add:

url#{main anchor1|main anchor2|...}

You have to use spin syntax. The second # defines the secondary anchor text that you disabled.

• OK, thanks Sven! Working great now that i'm using the right format. The reason I was using it the way I showed in my first post is because that's the format SER put it in when I clicked to add a URL with anchor and secondary anchor.