Skip to content

Can we get rid of Analyze and Post to competitors sites?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Hi, I'm just wondering if we can get rid of the Analyze and Post to competitors sites or at least take away the function from it to post to whois and Reffer Type sites?

Does anyone use this?   I could see how it could be effective IF it didn't post to the whois/Referrer type sites but with those enabled all it will do is get my sites penalized and knocked off google. 

As I was building about 10 Projects This feature was left on (My fault totally)  I had always unchecked this normally but since the GUI was changed around I had lost it.  but anyways,  These 10 SItes with this feature left on built links to whois/Referrer type sites and was quickly penalized and knocked off. 

So, I'm not sure if i'm in the Minority here but is there any good use to these type of backlinks? Cause I've tried Every Way I can think of to test these links and every single test has came back absolutely horrid.

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - could "the post to competitor backlinks" rather be edited so that it applies the filters you set? Then it would a super useful feature...this way it finds good related links (hopefully) and you can be sure it doesn't post to low quality sites. 

• Exactly Global. :)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

I don't know where the rumourse came from but all compeditor posting is following your filters. 

The only limitaions are engines like "referrer", "fast indexer" or "fake agent" where the program posts to the sites without downloading it.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Then maybe we could have an extra feature where we can disable certain platforms? Or the post to competitor backlinks ONLY posts to platforms you have selected?
  • Yeah, I'd run this Competitors backlinks option only if it wouldn't post to referrer or Fast Indexer type sites.  and from what i've read most people actually turn this option off  cause of those sites.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Does anyone actually use this option in it's current format? Every post I've read advises turning it off. Maybe if we can choose/restrict platforms it would be a great option! @Sven is this even possible?
  • I vote for opt out "disable referrer, indexer and fake agent", too. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited November 2012
    Another vote from me. :)

if you have them unchecked it should not submit to them. If you have e.g. the indexer engine disabled, it will not exchange the dns in urls and so also not submit to the whois sites.
  • I can verify that it still does.  In all my projects I always have those 2 options disabled. and sometimes I forget to uncheck post to competitors sites.  and within Minutes i'm getting verified links from Referrer and Indexer.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Ya even if it doesn't submit to them it would be nice if it didn't show up in our verified URL's list ... if that's possible.
    @Humar, can you post a sample link that was created by a competitor submission when that engine was turned off? 
  • Well this is honestly very weird.  I can swear it was doing this cause I watched it do it before.  but now that i'm actively testing for it and made special campaigns just for it  I don't see it happening.   I'm still running a couple tests  but I don't see it happening.
    I have changed the behavior in some version (mentioned it in changelog I would say). Maybe you saw that in a old version.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So would the general consensus now be to leave this option enabled for all projects???
  • Yes,  as it doesn't post anymore to whois and referrer type sites.  I've tested and tested and tested and it doesn't any longer. :)  as long as you have the platforms unchecked.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    This is great news!