Skip to content

Long Term Strategy

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited August 2012 in Need Help
I have two target markets I want to promote in the future. (as an example)

I have setup various projects for each.

One targets. .gr and the other .de websites. 

If I run the projects for these two domains for 1 year I will have a lot of sites that have been added to the global list. If it runs for 3 years the global list will be even bigger. etc. 

Now let's say I want to target a new website with a .gr to all the sites in my sitelist that have .gr. 

Currently I need to use the !.gr feature where it excludes all sites without .gr in the domain. You see, if after 3 years we are targetting 5 different countries and multiple sites, surely this global list will be massive and it will take a while to go through all domains to see if they match the country TLD?

Surely it would be better to now set the .gr projects to build a .gr site list. And then the .de projects to build a .de site list. etc. Then in 3 or 5 years, we will have neat lists that we can use to target again in the future? (I used the example of country TLD's, but the same would apply for niches.) I.e. build up a site list for niche 1, niche 2, etc, rather than 1 massive list that needs to be sorted again and again. 

This way in future, when I need to promote a .gr site I already have a thorough .gr site list it can immediately start on, without having to check the entire site list that has been built up over a year to find suitable domains?

Am I missing an obvious way of doing this?
Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    If you want to have a ".gr"-only list just use notepad++ (or scrapebox). Merge all lists, mark all lines with ".gr" in it, delete all lines which are not marked and import the list to your project.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - Thanks! What about if it's for a specific niche? Does it store the project in the list as well? (Travelling so can't do anything to fancy to check...but just planning the next phase!) 
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    It just saves the URLs in [type]-[name].txt format (sitelist_Forum-MyBB.txt for example). I think that it should stay this way unless GSA has problems to handle these files if they are getting to big. If you sort the files with other operator like domains (sitelist_gr-Forum-MyBB.txt)  the files would be way to fragmented. But thats just my opion on this topic.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - do I need to tick the two boxes at the top "Only for verified sites" for it save? I.e. should all 3 boxes at the top be ticked for it to be saving all the data? Or does "Only for ..." exclude the other sites. (Just a little ambiguous the phrase)  ;)

Basically I want to save identified, submitted and verified sites to a list!
  • Just check "Create list of found sites" and leave the other unchecked. Make sure you created a seperate folder for each site.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks...good to hear. That's how I had it configured :)