Skip to content

Lost project backups during computer change, anyway to reclaim them

edited October 2012 in Other / Mixed
Aloha,

So, i got my self a cheap VPS that was too much hassle to get up and running so I ditched it. I did download my project backups that I was running briefly with SER on the VPS, but then I deleted the projects by mistake - doh! I think the VPS frustarations I was having put my head in the shed.

Anyhow, having uninstalled SER on the VPS, and now using it back on my laptop, is there anyway for me to get those files back? I remember when I bought SER, I believe I payed a little extra for some sort of backup option. Does that include getting a recovery of these project files?

CHeers
Darren
Tagged:

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Did you check your recycle bin for the backup file?

Maybe you get lucky with Puppy Linux to recover the file.

PS: I'm not sure what "extra" you have paid for SER but I doubt it has anything to do with  a SER backup/recover solution.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

That extra you payed for was a backup of your license data online. Not the data of your projects.

Anyway an uninstall will not delete your project data. As long as you have access to the PC you can still get the data (%appdir%\GSA Search Engine Ranker).

• Thanks Ozz and Sven - unfortunately I don't have access to that server anymore. I will have to chalk this one up to experience.

Cheers