Skip to content

WHY IS GSA POSTING MY REAL EMAIL ADDRESS?

edited October 2012 in Need Help
Iv checked many links and iv found multiple instances of GSA posting my Tier2 and Tier3 email address in public.

WTF is that all about? Here is a perfect example

Contact Info
Mr.|Ms.,Annett Berube
Phone : (02) 6751 3484
Email : xxxxxx@hotmail.com <---- HERE

Other places, FORUMS

I cant believe this.

Comments

• Well i imagine its filling in email fields with the email assigned. Just so happens that some of the sites publicly display the email.

If you can keep logs and find what platforms do this, then the engine can probably be modified to tell the difference between a display email field and an essential (as in you need to fill it to register) email field, if they are indeed different fields.

These are just spam email accounts anyway, so im not sure what the issue is, apart from maybe a footprint.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    The question is: Why are you using your real email address?
  • I'm not using my real email address but at the same time do i want my tier 2 email address publicly displayed? Not really.
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    How do you think to avoid that? If the email is needed for registration and the platform show it in public?
    Your email adresses are not built to last for ever and should be changed from time to time. 

I personally can't care less if its public or not. 
  • Wow simmer down. Turd breath.
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Thank you very much, sir. I didn't know what a "turd breath" is.

I think your question is answered to your entire satisfaction. Because of that I happily close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.