Skip to content

GSA Memory issue since update

Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
Hi @Sven I'm experiencing some memory errors inside of SER which I've not experienced before, I normally run at around 300 - 800 threads but now I get this error below when I'm on only around 150 threads, the amount of projects haven't changed majorly.

I'm running windows 7 64bit and my machine has 32gig of ram, as I said, I've not really experienced these errors until a couple of updates ago...

thanks,
Tagged:

Comments

• How many projects do you have? I went from 30 to 160 projects and need to run the scheduler to stop the 'out of memory' notices ie. 10-20 projects for 20 minutes. LPM has gone from 60 to 12 so I think I might need another copy of SER on a new VPS and split the projects between them.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @JudderMan I've got around 100 or so projects, but this has never caused a problem prior to updating to 7.*.*
  • Really? I think I increased my projects around update 7+ and thought it was because of that....maybe it was a coincidence. I hate running the scheduler as all sites/URLs in my mind need 24/7 link-building.
    edited November 2013
    exactly, the same is in my mind..

I've not had these excessive error pops prior to the 7.*.* updates and one of the main reasons I upgraded my machine is for stability, 32gigs of ram and 100meg connection should be more than enough to power at least 250 threads at one go, regardless of how many projects runnings as it can only run the amount of threads specified in the options..

When I bought this machine, I was running SER at 800 threads with no trouble what so ever, this was in August, since then I've been normally running at 300, 500, 800 threads and everything was fine until these last few updates.

I can't be out of memory as GSA is showing I'm only using 400mbs of memory during the error message pop ups.

Has sven introduced a active project allowance or something? do we have to purchase more copies of SER?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

do we have to purchase more copies of SER?

YES OF COURSE! Seriously...this is not nice. I hate such irrelevant paranoia. I will work on the OutOfMemory thing. I don't see however where it might come from. I have to debug it. And I can't debug it as I am currently not in office. In two days I might be able to.

Thanks sven
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Restart the server and you'll be good to go again. Certain actions don't always release memory so fiddling around and looking at stuff can cause memory to be used and not released.