Skip to content

Email verification seems to take a long time.

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
I put my main 2 sorting projects on verify last night and woke up this morning to SER still verifying emails for those 2 projects.

Each project has 5 email accounts. Even if each email account had a few thousand emails to process, wouldn't SER have completed everything after about 8 hours?

What are the best settings to have for email?

Should I have "Delete All Emails" option checked?

When I manually log into these email account's, I still see verification emails in them that SER never processed.

Comments

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited October 2013
    Forgot to mention. When I press the stop button, SER takes a long time to stop also. It's been close to an hour, and only one of the two projects has stopped.

This is the last log entry from the stopped project.

05:50:45: [+] Found Data for 3 URLs. Now parsing, please wait...
    05:50:46: [ ] E-Mail Verification finished.
    05:50:46: [ ] Verifying finished (101826 checks done)
    05:50:47: Project stopped!

Not to sure what exactly the other project is trying to complete right now.
    I guess running SER in debug mode does not show anything for verifying email's?
    @Sven I let this run (VE) all day yesterday, and all night. This morning, SER is still processing emails.

I also noticed that SER has removed 3/4 of the URL's that were in the "Left Target" list that I had imported. Is SER supposed to be removing URL's from that list while on VE?

I would have thought that it might be adding to that list when it finds the verify email's.
  • email processing time seems to be a "normal" issue for me too
    unfortunately there is NO indicator how long or how many emails till pending when stopping SER
    it just looks as hanging but in reality is doing some unknown staff in cackground

a possible solution might be to make the entire email downloading / parsing / URL verifying a seperate THREAD = MULTI THREADING SER that keeps working until job done even when rebooting SER
    edited October 2013
    The only thing SER has been doing, going on 48 hours come this evening, is verifying email's. Have my main sorting projects set to Active(VE).

I'm not sure but maybe I should have the option for "Delete All Messages" checked instead of "Delete message when verification link was found".

I just don't want SER to delete an email message with login details by mistake. Even when SER prints to the log that email processing for that account is completed, I can login manually and still see emails there that were not deleted and containing login information for an account.