Skip to content

How deep?

2»

Comments

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @Royalmice, I'm not sure why you're getting on the defensive?

No one is bashing your service, it could be the best thing since sliced bread for all I know, but if you post SEO strategies on an open forum people are going to question them -  That's just how it is, and is to be expected. :)

Edit: Removed Rant

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Indeed, I've done a basic link analysis on Ahrefs for some spammy niches, the top players only seem to go 3 levels deep.
  • its a 7 level deep Tier with 28 projects, i dont know why you guys are talking about 28 tiers
    Well it looks like its been deleted now anyway :P
  • Well I did not know when I opened this discussion that it make these waves :-)
    It seams that many people have their own philosophy about Tiers building concerning lengh and this is good so.
    I would also like to know if and how you link these Tiers together for more link juice. Which strategy do you use? The danger is if you do too much big G will bann this Tier construction - but how much is too much?
    @Stoffl As has been said many times by others, it is not possible for Google to target tiered link building fully as you destroy the fabric of link building for 'legitimate' sites.. which will be diabolical. However Google can of course penalize / downgrade the websites used by software like SER to create tiers, to stop link juice flowing - and maybe a few other methods. But would they for example remove all linkjuice flowing from any .wordpress.com blog? No, because many of them are legitimate...

I stick to the normal T1 > T2 > T3 method for most of my pages. If it's super competitive I add 'A' tier to each as @ron and others have said.