Skip to content

Cant rank any website....

Hi
I have used GSA for almost a year and I have not been able to rank a single website after googles nasty updates.

When I start using it for linking it my sites lose ranking, instead of gaining.

So I was wonder if I do somthing wrong.

Can anyone help me out who got some decent rankings, what link profile they use? As I see it I can't use many links with the keyword I want to rank for. Also onpage SEO what % keyword should I use. Any would appricate any  kind of help. Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    It's better if you explain exactly what you did and then i'm sure people will offer advice.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    It helps to post your full settings from SER.

It could be on-site problems too, not related to SER.

Check GWT for any warnings.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited October 2013
    Index your links!
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    there's so many factors that matter that you can only annoy some people here by asking this question without any details. To be honest the reason could be everything. Tell exactly what your campaigns look like, what kind of platforms you use, do you spin your texts, do you diversify your anchors, do you link to pages,posts etc, or only to homepage, what is your linking technique - do you make tiers and so on, as I said, there is so many factors that need to be considered. However, you can find here threads where experienced users shares their techniques with detailed description like this:
    edited October 2013
    What @grax1 said is right.

Also, considering i have been able to rank virtually "unoptimized" pages using SER and similar tools.
    I would guess that there is something majorly wrong with your link building methods, especially when you are talking about timescales of nearly 1 year.

Give us some more info to help you please.
  • @ gooner
    Is it advisable to built 1st Tier using SER or 2nd Tier above??
    @irfanlone - You can build tier 1 with SER, it hasn't caused me any problems.
    But if the competition is strong, you may need to add higher quality links to tier 1 also.
    You can get to number 1 in Google on competitive niches with spun text and spam. But depends how long it will stay there , versus some manual stuff. Depends how "Long term" you want it I think.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @gooner - what type of Tier 1s are you building? Any OBL and PR filters on your Tiers 1's? Only contextual links I take it. 
    @alexr - No filters other than bad words and yes contextual only.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Gooner - thanks. How many of these are you pointing at your MS? 
    @alexr - For client sites i build about 10 - 20 links per day and for my own sites i go for around 30 - 50.
    But i should mention those tier 1's are all added to with high PR links, web 2.0 links in most cases too.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @gooner - thanks. Do you use wikis at all in the contextual? I've stopped using them but want you opinion on it. 
    @alexr - Welcome mate. At the moment i do use Wiki's but i've read lots of people don't so i'm going to have to test that for myself and see if i get different results.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @gooner - where are you based? 
    edited October 2013
    @AlexR you can click people's profiles and hover over the flag it will tell you their IP location. Mine says Lingfield today, not too far away. Yours says Seville... buen tiempo!
    @alexr - London at the moment.
  • Mine says Hayes - Gutted!! :))
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Off to go get some Tapas and a beer...it's warm sunny and things only get going here at 8pm. 
    @Googer & @Spunko2010 - it's nearing your bedtime... been dark and cold for there for a while now... ;-) I was in London 4 weeks ago...was rainy & cold!

Only jokes! I'm from Cape Town, but been travelling for a while. 
    It is dark, and it is cold here. So you aren't wrong. :)
  • Hey @2Take2 your down the road from me! 

• @Alexr tapas is the best!!! And a relaxing cup of cafe con leche xDDDD
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    :-)
  • Small world @Big_G!
  • thank you for your answers. i have tried alot of different things the last year. But what the question was more directed to is link profile. How many % do you use for the exact keyword? When I try too high % I get banned. If I use very low i dont rank. So what % do you use?

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    It varies from niche to niche, although I never go any lower than about 3%, but even then I can normally rank pages just fine (provided the onpage seo is up to par).