Skip to content

PR0s for Tier 2? Yay or Nay?

Been running some tests and wanted to see how some of the power users feel about using PR0 links as Tier 2s. I usually blast 5,000-10,000 T2s to each T1. About half my T2 links are PR1+. Not sure if the PR0s pass any worthwhile juice even in those large numbers. The only thing I've notcied i even more dancing. Would love to hear what others think.
Tagged:

Comments

• goonergooner SERLists.com
    I'm not a power user at all, but in my experience it makes no difference what your T2 links consist of.
    I only worry about PR on T1's.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited August 2013
    No PR checking for T2 or T3 for me.

And even sometimes I disable it for T1.

BTW, why blast 5000+ to each link? Is that what you mean?! Most people I think recommend 10-15 per link
  • Tough KWs plus taking into consideration a certain percentage of links won't index or will get deleted.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited August 2013
    5k links to EACH tier 1? oh my god.

You must be dominating your keywords, because if you're not, there's deffo something wrong with that strategy lols.

I normally hit my tier 1's with around 100 - 200 links, I haven't had to go beyond 1,000 tier 1's, (exact match phrases) these keywords I target are anything from 1,000 searches to 10,000 searches.

you must suffer from crazy dances? hammering your tier 1's like that... I think it's a tad overkill to be honest but that's just my opinion, can't say I've tried hammering 1000 links at each of my tier 1's which consist of around 1,000 so in theory your blasting 1,000 x 1,000 = 1,000,000.

so if you were to have 1,000 tier 1's exact matched, you're blasting 1 million links to these links >.>

you must be able to rank low competition keywords in a few days with that amount of bulkage, simply going by the index rates on a daily basis, lets say you went for a low comp keyword with around 100 searches which roughly 100 indexed powered up links would get you the top spot, if you let rip one of your campaigns on that with that many links, you would hit the top spot in 2 weeks..? or am I wrong? how long does it take you to hit a rank 1 for a low-med comp keyword with that strategy?

and how long does it take you to actually build out these tiers?
  • Im just experimenting actually. Maybe it is overkill! LMAO. I like to test things though and I know a guy who is doing quite well with this strategy so I thought what the heck I ll try it out. Yes, the dances are driving me crazy. I actually was ranking higher with less T2s before the blast.  

I see big rank shifts in like 3 days to be honest. #1 maybe a week or two for low comp if I get the links indexed.

I dont have 1000 T1s for any project because I always aim for contextual links and its hard to get 1,000 PR1+ T1s that stick at least for me. Im settling for 100-500 T1s but hey maybe I will try a direct blast to an article and see what a couple thousand T1s can do. LOL.
  • edited August 2013
    BTW, I was able to rank 1st page for a 40,000 exact match health KW in a couple weeks with just 1 T1 powered up by 3,000 T2s. I thought that was kinda cool ;)
  • I have 4 copies of GSA on 4 boxes so I can power up 1000 T1s in a week if I didn't sleep. Maybe I should try that. LOL
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited August 2013
  • Yes, I was referring to Tops. Interesting. I will try your statetgy as well. It's good to experiment.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sweepicker
    1) any PR filters on those contextual links to your moneysite?
    2) are there any you avoid? (e.g. wiki's and certain article platforms?) 
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    ^:)^
  • edited August 2013
    @Alex
    1) For contextual PR1+
    2)I mostly send contextual to moneysite. High PR forum links, etc i use branded URLS, etc.

I don't blast my money sites though. I don't think they have enough authority and regularly updated content. Personal preference. What I been with the T2s as been a different story. LOL.
  • edited August 2013
    @sweeppicker you use SER with a PR+1 filter for T1 on contextual platforms?