Skip to content

Tooltip for Keyword section

Collect keywords from target site, Use collected keywords to find new target sites, and Put keywords in quotes when used In search queries all have the same bogus tooltip text when hovered over with mouse.

It would be more helpful if better explanations were associated with them.

Comments

• Since I'm a big believer in not complaining about bugs, but rather providing solutions to problems as well, here are my suggestions:

1) According to discussion here, the "Collect keywords from target sites" is parsed from the keyword metatag of the HTML page.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2034/collect-keywords-from-target-sites

So it would be better to say in the tooltip:

"Extracts the keywords from the <meta name="keywords" content="keywords here"> tag if specified in the HTML page"

With "Use collected keywords to find new target sites" the tooltip should say:

"GSA will use the extracted keywords collected in a HTML page to find new target URLs via search engines"

With "Put keyword in quotes when used in search queries"

"GSA will enclose keywords in quotes in search engine queries to request specific and exact ordered phrases "

This should clear up those three features.

Also, is there a bug -  If I click on "Use collected keywords to find new target sites". The "Collect keywords from target sites" should be enabled as they go together, right?.

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    thanks, updated for next version.
  • Thank you Sven. As a software engineer myself, I like the way you handle yourself and respond to constantly improve your product. Even large software organizations don't move this fast with updates but being your sole self, you are very nimble and responsive. Yours is the right frame of mind. This is why the product is very good.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de