Skip to content

90% of the link gsa creates are junk profile links regardless of engine...

Profile links have been considered junk from like april 2012 last year and even before.

Isnt it a bit misleading when gsa shows all these fancy engine platforms yet when you look at the link no matter what the platform says it still just results in a crappy profile link with little to no content on it.

Isn't this the main reason why most of the links don't index?

Also even if the result says it was a pr 3+ link doesnt it still mean its junk if its a crappy profile link?

I dont care so long as it boosts my ranks (still waiting to find that out) but just something I noticed

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    just disable to create profile links in your project options if you don't like them.
  • well i guess what i was also asking was whether you find value in them. i have no problem with them if they also help rank :D but for me its too early to tell either way as waiting for results to filter thru to rankings.
  • Just an FYI, profile links are very powerful when used in high volume as Tier 2s.  Many on this forum as well as myself have used them to rank for lucrative keywords. Don't dismiss them until you've tried it! 90% of the SEOs just read from the gospel and never taken into account most of the theories and information spread around is BS. Test for yourself and decide!
  • ronron SERLists.com
    ^^Agreed. Just don't use them on your moneysite and you will be happy..
  • crap, too late now :(. i was following the guide by ozz which didnt say anything about not using profiles.
  • edited July 2013
    dbl post
  • hey guys i looked for that option to turn off profile links but coudlnt find it...looked in project options and in data field. couldnt see it. any otehr clues as to where it is?
  • donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    Open project - Options - Type of backlinks to create (you have to scroll the box till Profile options)
  • Got it. Thanks.