Skip to content

Download Failed Error | GSA Ranker ..... Am I doing something wrong?

edited August 2012 in Need Help
Hi All,

New to the Forum and GSA ranker software. Love it so far.

Just noticed whilst watching what the program was doing that it seems to deliver alot of download failed on URL's that it has found to backlink too.

Was wondering if this was normal or if it showed that I had my settings wrong at the moment or something?

Thanks,

Jordan
Tagged:

Comments

• Usually due to bad proxies, are you using private ones, or free ones using the inbuilt scraper?
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    I suppose you are using public proxies. In this case this is normal as many proxies die within a couple of hours or are veeeeeeery slow. It could help to raise your timeout up to ~150 (Options -> Submissions -> HTML timeout) or to scrape better proxies (low timeout settings, add good proxy sources).
    Edit: Use public proxies for posting only. You don't need them for posting+searching because GSA is "Google Safe".

Best solution is to buy a couple of private/shared proxies which will boost you submission rate significally. For a start you can try with 10 shared proxies for $9/mth if you use the proxy affiliate of GSA (Options -> Submission -> Button at the bottom of that window).
  • Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. I am using the in built proxy feature. Just checked and looks like all aren't working.

What are best settings for proxies? Plus ideally what is the best amount of private proxies to purchase.I am hoping to run about 15 website campaigns?

Jord
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    > What are best settings for proxies? Plus ideally what is the best amount of private proxies to purchase.I am hoping to run about 15 website campaigns?

We need to know how fast is your internet connection and how many threads are you using to give you a reasonably good answer. The more threads, the more proxies I would suggest. 
    You can just use 10 shared proxies if you are fine to scrape without Google every now and then with 30 threads or use 50 private proxies when you use Google only with 300 threads and low"ish" search query time.
  • Internet Connection is 30mb Fibre Optic. Using 50 threads, HTML Timout at 100.

Any suggestions?

How many backlinks should I be getting an hour on average? At moment only getting like 30 submitted and 3 or 4 veriifed every hour. I am guessing it because of the download URL error.

• OzzOzz
    edited August 2012
    > How many backlinks should I be getting an hour on average? At moment only getting like 30 submitted and 3 or 4 veriifed every hour. I am guessing it because of the download URL error.

This depends on what engines you are using and which filters have activated. It is impossible to give you a detailed answer to that. What helped me a lot to increase my submission rate is to use global site lists if possible (e.g. for your tier2+3 projects) or to import prescraped url lists.

About how many proxies you have to use I hope that some other member can give you a good advice who has a similar setup like yours. I think that 10 proxies could be enough if you are using them wisely (different search engine types, search query time between 7-10s).
  • At the moment I just have followed the Video about how Sven sets up a money site campaign.

Will try your tip for my other tiers that should help. Thanks alot.

Do you use a tool to get prescaped URL's?

Thanks for all your help. Not getting quite as much download errors, still a few but not as many now.
  • I also have the same problem