Skip to content

High CPU usage

Hi all ! I am running 7 treads at the moment and  cpu usage is close to 100 almost all the time . How do you run 100]s of treads and what do I need to do to 
do to deal with this  situation . I have 2 g Ram on private VPS from TrustVM . 

Comments

• OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    TrustVM hasn't the best reputation if i'm not wrong. You are sharing your VPS with other participants as well. This may cause high CPU usage as you don't know what others are doing which share the same node with you. That said, it may happen to some degree to anyone on each VPS if you are unlucky.

However, is it just the status bar in SER that is showing you 99% or is it also showing when you open the task manager? Is your VPS reacting fast when clicking buttons or open applications or is it slow like a snail?

When you are low on your budget than you can try another low cost provider like berman or solidseo to see if it makes a difference.
  • Bad news then . Hm ok I will try to talk to the guy , and then see what to do next , thanks Ozz .
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    I forgot to mention that you should set up a light weighted test project to see if its not caused by your project set up. With "light-weighted" i mean a usual set up without super-duper-spunned articles for example and avoid the use of public proxy scraping in case you need them or just use a few threads for testing them (avoid public proxies if possible).

If you talk to him then ask him if you can give you a VPS on another node for further testing.
  • One more thing , I would want to buy A PC , lets say 2 GSA licenses  , 100-150 treads itch . What PC would you advice . Like ram size ? processor I am leaning toward this one  : http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-aurora-r4/pd whis 32 gb Ram . What do you think? 

• Ok will do that . I still suspect that the 2 gigs ram is to little for this soft .Need more power :)  
  • you don't need a high-end-pc for sure. the most important thing for home-pc-users is a stable and fast connection with >10Mbit (25Mbit would be better of course).
  • Nice I have 60 at this time :)