Skip to content

Possible firewall or proxy issue message

Did a search and was not able to find a description on what causes  "possible firewall or proxy issue". 

What is the issue? If its a firewall issue, why can't SER test the  environment at startup to see if firewall settings are OK. If not then at lease list what the causes (issues) are and what steps to check to see how to avoid them for both firewall and proxies.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats just not possible. If the program does not get a proper reply, it can be anything. Not only a firewall/proxy issue.
  • Thought I read somewhere that GSA SER does not need a firewall. Does it now need a firewall?
  • Did anybody figure what this is? I'm getting zero submissions and they all say "possible firewall or proxy issue." I don't know anything about my firewall, but I double checked my proxies before I started, and they were all fine.

Anything else I can check that might be causing this error?

Thanks

George
  • i have this problem, too

im checking all my proxies we re all fined, and i have zero result from this?
    anybody can tell me whats wrong?
  • I have this problem too - very frequently or almost on all activities when search engines are switched on during a project run. In my case the reason is simple - a block by those SE mentioned at the end of that error message line.

despite a large number of verified / working proxies - it appears that Google and many other SE figure out abusive SE queries and block the users IP
    The VERY first 3+ days of GSA use for scraping with same proxies I had ZERO issue though.

To avoid such errors, initi8ally I used multiple SIM per ISP and multiple ISP for my mobile broadband www connection. I then changed SIM/ISP every one or 2 hrs.

That worked fine for some 3-4 days full time scraping using GSA - now any SIM/ISP I use - I get the
    Possible firewall or proxy issue
    instantly

if I use manual surfing using same ISP and to a Google search,
     G first serves me MULTIPLE captcha in a row - usually 3-4 until I get the actual Google result page.

I guess that is the price we have to pay to work borderline
    BTW
    I usually chose exotic Googles and other SE never the main SE site and change the selection of SE TLD = no improvement

• I started getting this today too. LPM had dropped from 100+ to 9

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    @Sven I think before SER used to show the proxy used when giving that message, is it possible to get that back again?

Also, would it be hard to create a function so we can select what we see in the log?

EG: If I only want to show in the log when searches are being made to the search engines.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Next version shows the proxy used on that search engine.
  • Is there a place where I can buy good proxies? buyproxies and proxy-hub gave me bad proxies in the last 2 months.
  • Yea I'm getting alot of this same message in the past couple of days as well. Not sure what gives. Proxies are all good, but starting to get blocked. I keep with the 60 sec interval on se queries which I wonder if increasing will reduce the blocking damage - I'm trying 90 sec to see if any change.
  • I am also testing the number of seconds but if it is too high, gsa gets even slower.