Skip to content

Low Contextual Links - Need Help

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited July 2013 in Need Help
Hi

I've been struggling to get quality contextual links. All my other projects are hitting their targets, it's just the contextual links are not working.

Proxies are fine as the other projects are all hitting their targets. I'll try different SE's for speed, but it's just not finding targets.

I've also enabled use keywords to find target sites, and have a very large list of 1 word keywords that will generate lots of results. 

My only thought is that it could be the PR3 filter, but there must be many domain PR 3 contextual platforms!

Comments

• >My only thought is that it could be the PR3 filter, but there must be many domain PR 3 contextual platforms!
    Depends on how much you are expecting?
    The vast majority of links have PR of 0-1. PR3+ is very strict and you get what you asked for. I would just skip that and change "PR of domain".
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Ozz - is there a difference between subdomain & domain PR for these contextual links? 

My understanding is that they are the same when there isn't a subdomain. 

I'm trying to create about 5 to 10 per day per project. So didn't think it's too many.

• OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    social network "Wall.fm" (Oxwall) as example. say as search result you find "random.wall.fm".*

random.wall.fm => most likely <PR3
    wall.fm => PR5

*its just an example. these days you need to pay when you create a wall.fm page.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks! I think this may be the issue! Where do you use the PR of subdomain feature then? 
    Blog comments?
  • What @Ozz said ^^

PR3 of subdomain is far too specific
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    IF i use a PR filter than i just use PR of domain. you may also want to scrape your lists and sort it before you export it to SER.
  • Ozz for Forums it is ok  to use PR of the domain or subdomain?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ozz - I've done as you suggested with the use DOMAIN PR only, and I'm still getting a very low submission rate. Across 10 contextual projects I'm getting only 70 submissions per day, when my submitted target per day is around 1000.

Any ideas? Is it possible that there are so few contextual sites with domain PR3 and above?
  • i didn't expected a big impact for that. i just wanted to show why i think that filter by domain is better.

try to scrape sites with scrapebox and see how many sites with PR3 are left after scraping to get an idea.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Going to drop it to PR2 and see how it goes. 

Thanks.