Skip to content

Getting rid of Profile links - "idea"

2»

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    So if you deselect the profile links option, what happens to these profiles that get created for various platforms. Do they just not get reported by SER? 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    They do not get created at all, else it would just be stupid to create these links and not show them.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    OK - Thanks. I just figured for some platforms you have to sign up as an author to add an article, and was wondering what happened to those profile links? Will the settings then exclude these platforms?
  • @AlexR the profile link is optional. It just won't post it
    @AlexR in that case there is no URL added to the profile
  • Agree this is a great feature. A few questions to help me understand this better:

Looking at the engine files, Blogspot's link type is "Comment-Contextual". If I check that engine but uncheck it in the type of backlinks to build, then SER will scrape Blogspot's blogs but refuse to post to them or will it post to them anyway?

Let's say I want to post blog comments using "Name" as anchor text without links in the comments.

If I don't want any link in the comments but only "Name" as my anchor text, I have to remember to untick "Comments-Contextual" or otherwise it will put a link in the comment besides "Name"?

Does the "Try to always place an URL with an anchor text in descriptions/comments" option override link type in the engine files?

If an engine will only produce link types that you have unchecked, it means it will not use that engine anywhere.

Rest of your questions is not handled. The engine on the further submission does not know what type of link it really is.

• Ok, so today I want to add some comment links to my money site. What I want is anchor text as in Names anchor text, not keyword specific, to mydomain.

I used to just create projects, select comments, fill in the fields and all are set.

But today, I also pick "Comment-Anchor text" and untick everything else. Engines selected: General blogs and KeywordLuv (both of them are "Comment-Contextual/Anchor text". Perhaps that's the reason when I tried to run it, it says "No more targets but also no competitor analysis wanted."

The question is: if I choose "Comment-Contextual/Anchor text", will it always create contextual links in the comment too instead of using the usual Name, URL, and comments (to make name anchor text)?

How do I control this type of engine, to whether post only anchor text, contextual or both?

>if I choose "Comment-Contextual/Anchor text", will it always create contextual links in the comment too instead of using the usual Name, URL, and comments (to make name anchor text)?

Checking this will create whatever  the engine and site allows. It's unknown to the program yet what will come out here.

>How do I control this type of engine, to whether post only anchor text, contextual or both?

You can't, simple disable it than.

• I can when these options didn't exist. My links always come without contextual, just anchor text.

I've tested this with a campaign and see if it really posts both types of links, "name" and also contextual in the comments.
    edited May 2013
    Than turn the option "Try to always place an URL with an anchor text in descriptions/comments" on.
  • I have unchecked:

Profile-Anchor Text
    Profile-Contextual
    Profile-URL

And have seen SIGNIFICANT DROPS in profile links being built, but still I see about 10% of profile links built on Articles, Wikis, Social Networks.  And this is not really good since it's going to the money sites.  Is anyone experiencing the same that "some will still slip through"?
    Would help to get the engine names that create that.
  • @ejim7 i would think 10% profile links would not be harmful. You dont have to be perfect
  • Sven i have setup a project for only blogspot comment with DBC enabled.
    SER submitting lots of links but none of verified and when i check that i have found that SER is not putting domain link with or without anchor text in comment body which is must in blogspot.
    i have also check my setting and when i click test then no link shows in comment body. i changed all type of link and test again but still not shown link in comment body.
    i think that's why ser is not verified any link because it submitting empty comment. not with link.

how to get rid of this?
    It is adding a link to blogspot if it can not add an URL in a separate field like Homepage/Website.