Skip to content

Possibility to rollback to X.XX version?

edited June 2013 in Feature Requests
Hello Sven, 
I think it would be nice to have an option to rollback to a couple previous versions or even have a choice of downloading the exact lets say 10 versions of .exe file for people.

We all have different setups, different machines and different scripts, macros and what not. Each new version is a bit of a scare :D What if it breaks?!

Today you rolled out 3!!! updates already, so people from 6.09 can't roll back to that version anymore cause .old file is already overwritten.

Maybe it is worth thinking about - Help -> Download previous version .exe file would solve A LOT of problems for people here.

Just my thoughts.

Comments

• While we are here, I suggest there is direct URL to access "version history"

When I see "Update available," I always have this question in my mind: What changes in this version?

If it fixes the thing that bugs me directly, I'll update soon. Otherwise, I want to be able to skip it (why stop my projects when they're running fine, not fixing the thing that bugs me, just to introduce a new problem in the update?)

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but this is somewhat related, I think.
  • Totally agree, along side would be nice to see what actually changes in new version before update. 
  • @audioguy +1, this would be a very useful feature to me.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I agree with @audioguy I don't think we need a lengthy changelog just a brief guide or even a link to the Forum request to see what changes were added. Yes it will add some overhead for Sven but I think it's worth it with so many updates.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Also I think instead of integrating previous download link into the software Sven could just do what Wordpress do and place the filename-version.exe format. So then if we want to download 6.01 of SER it will be gsa-search-engine-ranker-6.01.zip or whatever.
  • anyone got old version of SER? anything before v6?
  • +1 With that many updates, there has been a lot of changes and the question is always there 'what if something breaks?' or even 'what is a change in functionality affects the way that I use the system?'. 

It is great to have many updates and it is indeed a compliment to Sven how much he updates it, but stability takes precedence over new features.
  • OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    if you think that "Search_Engine_Ranker_old.exe" (which is the second to last release) isn't enough you are able to backup every version you like. just backup the "Search_Engine_Ranker.exe" and rename it to "Search_Engine_Ranker_X.XX.exe". whenever you feel like its needed just start SER with one of the backup-exes.

v4.28 anyone? thats the oldest version in my backups.
  • @Ozz do have v5.8x..would be very thankful if u could share it..