Skip to content

Proxy tester aren't working?

Hey, so lately I've battled a lot problems with my private proxies.
My proxy provider and I are both frustrated. To me it seems like GSA proxy tester aren't working.

My provider gave me a new fresh list of 50 private proxies, I pasted them correctly into GSA and tested them (1 thread and 20 sec timeout to be sure).
The results said that only 20/50 proxies worked. Then I tried to test it again immediately after and it said 3/50 proxies worked and a lot were "web" even though their supposes to be "trans" (not sure what the difference is).

Then I tried to test them all in scrapebox's proxy checker with 1 thread and 30 sec timeout it said 50/50 worked, google passed, anonymous and all except 1 was "fast".

So I am going to disable the "automatically disable private proxies when detected to be down on use" and hope it runs fine...

What do you guys think?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Depends on how you test it against what URL/string.
  • Hmm could you go a bit more in-depth and explain it a bit further please?
  • OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    Google this:
    site:forum.gsa-online.de string url proxy OR proxies

you get some example of test urls/strings you can use for the proxy test and compare the results.
  • no i believe there is an error
    i was constantly having 900+ public proxies and now 0!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - this is often coming up in the forum. Could you maybe 5 SE's and test strings in a dropdown. This would allow people to check on Google or Bing with different test strings and more easily determine if it's a proxy issue. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Next version has 3 predefined test sets defined.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Great news! 
  • @supermanden The success of your proxies depends on what URL and string you use to test them.  Testing against Google will get super low rates, and even the ones that pass may have issues when you turn SER on.  If you just want to test the proxy to see if it's active, don't use a search engine, use a site like New York Times and a string like "news"