Skip to content

What about a scheduler

edited August 2012 in Feature Requests
So you can schedule when campaigns should run and stop so that others can run.

Comments

• No. There is not a "scheduler". The program is multi-threaded. It can run several projects at the same time. You set those options up based on the capacity of your PC & internet connection.
  • Completely missing my point. A scheduler would be nice.
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    Please be a little more specific to avoid that we "missing your point".

How should your scheduler work with 10 projects for example?
  • The GSA can work on multiple project and even you can set the limit of how many link at the campaign options. So you can set the project to only get 100 submission link and then pause for how many minute that you like.

i agree with Ozz, i like to know what "Missing your point" mean? and what scheduler feature that you like to add.

• I think what he means by 'missing my point' is that DavidA2 stated that GSA didn't have one, but Stranger was querying whether it would be a worthwhile feature, not asking whether one was already built in. Not difficult to work out lads.

A schedule feature to me would be something like a calendar, to an effect. So, start this project at 09:45 until 22:15, where then a another project could start. This way I assume that OP would want all of GSA's work and effort aimed at one project or a certain type of prepared project scheduled for that time.
  • Big +1 for sequential processing
  • How do you define this m3ownz?
  • Thank you pooinmyloo (nice name btw :) ) and I apologize for everybody for not explaining it better. His explanation is exactly what I'm talking about but I was too tired or lazy to say more. Again I apologize.
  • Well currently all projects set to active are processed at once, sharing resources amongst them (processed in parallel)

I would like the ability to process one after another (in sequence). This would require a STOP condition to be set per project, otherwise the next will never start (suitable conditions would be: when no more targets are found (imported list) or after x submissions/verified, like the current pause options).

This gives a number of benefits. I think i will make a separate thread as it can be a little hard to explain, and isnt specifically about a scheduling feature as per the OP.
  • What if I want to build a certain amount of backlinks per day? Can I do that?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @silviap - Yes you can

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    v4.36 has a scheduler included
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    That new scheduler is fantastic. Good job. :)
  • thanks Sven, this is a great addition
  • Great feature, thanks
  • I like the new scheduler :)