Skip to content

This Collect Kwds Thingy, It No Workie!

For the past couple of days I've noticed that my projects are not collecting keywords from target sites etc.
Each time I check the current keywords list, there're no new keywords added to it for me to check on.

I"m using the current version of GSA... I could be wrong but, can someone verify this with their own versions?
If you haven't checked this feature in the past week or so, then chances are the keywords you see were collected prior to v5.92

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Working fine for me. Make sure you actually use engines that collect keywords (blog comments).
  • Not sure I understand, are keywords collected from target sites only when blog engines are selected in a campaign?

What about when one is running a T1 campaign comprising only of web2.0, article and social network targets, will keywords not be collected then?

Appreciate your feedback.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Collecting keywords makes only sense if a keyword was used to find the target site. Else you would end up with many unrelated keywords.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - what about an option to "use related keywords" - this would keep them related and add many more targets within a niche. 
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    and how should SER know if the keywords are related or not?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    same as Google offers related keywords or other SEO tools offer related keywords. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @AlexR - It would have to query Google for scraping, query Google for pulling related keywords and query Google for PR check. That's a lot of querying for each URL.

Proxies would probably get temp banned even faster. (if it used Google of course)
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    hmm, thats a feature i suggested some while ago. it might work for a while but you never know how far its moving apart from the "original keyword".

if its going from "dog" to "cat" to "cat toilet" to "toilet brush" and so on than it doesn't work out as good as we might think. furthermore i guess that it will create lots of duplicates search results, but you never know until its tested.

regarding the IP ban it won't matter as we are scraping the SE anyway and could grab those keywords on the fly and not just because of the keywords itself.
  • Can we keep SER as is? I understand why everyone wants lots of stuff added, but lets not bloat it...

:D