Skip to content

Only build to verified links older than...

I was wondering if we could get a feature that let us set a "seasoning" time on links before the next tier builds to them.

Seems like it would allow us to maximize resources where they matter.

This would be neat.

Forgive me if this exists and I don't see it.
Tagged:

Comments

• +1 for this. Like new links are "quarantined" for say a week or so. This would free up resources for sure
  • i like the feature, but i dont quite see how this should free up resources, isnt it manually done easier, to wait a week before you run your next tier?

• New links being built all the time for T1 so no way of stopping this presently
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

You can just alter the verify time on t1 to three days, four days etc.

That way they get built, but not verified straight away, so it leaves it a couple of days until the tiered links get built

• @LeeG yes but doesn't that limit it to up to 5 days? What if we wanted to wait 7?
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Edit the engine files to increase that

I cant remember what the setting is there, Im sure its shown in the pdf help file

• Ok nice one @LeeG
  • change "verify timeout=7200" to "verify timeout=10080" in the scripts. you have to monitor though any changes in SER when scripts are overwritten due to updates.

• Awesome. Thanks guys. Should be easy to do with notepad++
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    oh, i missed the context of this discussion as i was only reading "5 days" ;)
    if i understood correctly than you need to modify first verification as well.

for that i think you need to add "first verify=10080" (= wait 7 days) along with "verify timeout=11520" (= give it one day for verification) for example.
  • edited May 2013
    Now I'm a little confused. Is the "first verify" the same as the setting in the project options? The verifiy time setting, that is.
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    project options is in which intervals it is verifying the submissions (once a day = 1440).
    but if i understood correctly than the first verification should be made after 7 days (first verify=10080) and when it doesn't find a link within 8 days like in my example (verify timeout=11520) than it will remove the submission link.
  • Ok. That make sense. Thanks a bunch, Ozz.
  • when we should use "Don't remove urls (check hint)" and "remove after 1st verification try"?
    or what's the difference between them?
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    please use google search first, baba, as you are asking questions that are off-topic and could be answered by yourself ^^

site:forum.gsa-online.de "remove after 1st verification try"
    site:forum.gsa-online.de "Don't remove urls"
  • @oil - by "maximize resources where they matter" I meant that you would only be building links to other links you knew had a lot better chance of sticking around.
  • i thought of that option too, so editing the engine files is the only way? by raising that time to 2 weeks or so GSA could be a tool for local biz too maybe (actually im building sniper-pages to rank local, because i can't unleash GSA on a real company page :D)

Best Regards