Skip to content

Still waiting for email activation 8 hrs later why?

I ran some Dolphins with GSA and was surprised to wake up this morning to see all of them still waiting for email activation
even after 8 hours.

I was using the standard dispostable.com email, is it not able to verify emails using this email?

Any other reason it would not verify and move on to posting?

Thanks!

Comments

• maybe your proxies are banned on that mail provider or the mail provider is banned on that site so you don't get any mail.
    try it with hotmail again.
  • Actually, they ALL say awaiting account activation, but I assume it means waiting on some sort of email verification?
  • please test it again with hotmail. it could be some change of the script of course, but as you are using disposal emails i think you have to live with such issues as i won't call them stable. 
    you never know for sure if they are working as expected due to IP bans and so on.
  • I cloned it and am running again with hotmail. It could be my proxies but it's doubtful I am using semi privates from a trusted provider and they are rarely beat up too badly.

Will report back.
  • it doesn't matter if yor proxies are from a trusted provider or not.

as you are using semi-dedicated you don't know who else is using them for that mail provider. furthermore you don't know for sure what kind of ban rules the mail provider has. maybe you pinged him too often during a specific time span?? who knows...
  • edited May 2013
    Do you know, Is it waiting for a human moderator to approve? I'm not too familiar with this particular platform.

verify submission=1
    verify interval=60
    verify timeout=300
    first verify=0
    verify by=email
    verify on unknown status=1

Actually I was able to grab that from the engine script.
    I assume it waits 60 minutes to look for activation, then gives up after 300?

• timeout for email verification is 5 hours:

verify submission=1
    verify interval=60
    verify timeout=300
    first verify=0
    verify by=email
    verify on unknown status=1
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for help Ozz

After digging into it deeper it looks like most are waiting for human approval :(

Maybe I can try to edit the timeout to last a few days and see if any get approved with more time.