Skip to content

Scalability of tiered link building

2»

Comments

• Depends when I have spare half hour maybe twice a week. I clean out all T1:
    • profile links
    • old links that don't look like they will ever get indexed (I give them one more blast with Indexer+ping)
    • links that are indexed with non target anchor text
    • links that are indexed with high OBL
    • links that are indexed with low PR
    Of course I back up all verified URLs before deleting. If you trim like this it keeps SER building tiers to only those links that deserve it i.e. target keyword as anchor text, low OBLs, High PR. In this way you are not wasting resources. A hell of a lot of your links will just die naturally

• @seagul Impressive. Now that you mentioned it, I checked again. Yes, Show Links -> Verified dialog box has all those information ready. And so far all I use and sort by is the date column. Lol. Now it makes perfect sense.

How about T2? Same maintenance task I guess?
  • T2 all you need to do is delete dead links and those that are old and not indexed. I do this once a week
  • How many projects are you running @Seagul?
  • @davbel 7 projects. Any particular reason you ask?
  • @seagul I was thinking about trying what you said about the 1/2 hr cleaning out the crap and was trying to work out how much time it would take for me to do the same.

• @davbel, shouldn't be long. You can select all and show verified links at the same time. The data can be sorted by date and other variabel. So no matter how many projects, you can process all of them at once.
  • Yeah the half hour is for 1 project
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm that's going to be somewhat time consuming me thinks.  I've got 32 projects and at this time more than 350k live URLS,

Should have started sooner :D