Skip to content

[Help Needed!] Can't find the bottleneck in my SER Config! ( pictures included )

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Hi,

2 months ago , I used to have 50+ LPM and I was raising the PR filters to slow down SER a bit!. But now I only have 1.37 LPM !...I tried everything but I can't find the bottlenecks in my current setup.

- I'm using 30 semi-dedicated proxies from proxy-hub ( all tested with SER & SB )
- BermanHost VPS w/2 g Ram ...running only SER latest version as of today v5.72.
- Captcha Sniper X3 as the only Captcha Service.

** Raising the custom wait time to 60 sec or lowering threads to 140! didn't help either!

** Only 6 most famous Ping sites are selected...

I have only 3 projects running ... all of them have the same settings  :

** I'm using multiple super spun Articles from the Leading Articles with the %spinfolder% macros for each field. All tested / checked with SER test project data tool before submission starts.

** I'm also using 100 K top keywords you can download from here :
 http://www.file-upload.net/download-7237278/top100ksearchedkeywords.txt.zip.html

** Only 10 Random Google SEs are selected.

** No PR / OBL / Bad words filters at all ! ..

** One Fresh / Brand new Outlook email w/ the spam "forward to inbox" rule set..  for each project...tested successfully.

I was watching the logs for days and I can't find anything abnormal. I'm pulling my hair here to find what the heck I'm doing wrong ?!

Any help is REALLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Paste some logs please (make a pastebin.com link).
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Strange! Only issue I see is your proxy settings. Maybe try disabling save working proxies to .txt since you already have a .txt of semi private proxies. Also enable "Auto search for new proxies every 60 mins)" and "on less than 25 proxies" and "Test" and "ReTest". This way if a proxy goes down, it gets disabled, and if on next check when its working it's re-enabled. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What kind of things are you seeing in the logs?
  • edited April 2013
    @Sven

I pm'ed you the pastebin link. Thanks.

@AlexR

I don't want to use public proxies though. Public proxies leaked my real server IP before and I want to avoid that.

I sent you a PM with the pastebin link as well.

Right now the LPM is 0.98 !!! ... Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    You don't need public proxies. I am suggesting that sometimes private proxies get temp banned. This just disables them until temp ban is lifted. 
  • edited April 2013
    @ِAlexR

I see , so if I set it up your way , no public proxies will be used at all ?

Anyway, I don't think the problem is the temp ban of my Private proxies. I check them all the time and only 1 or 2 are temp banned.
  • edited April 2013
    try to disable proxy and search engine to see what happen. use 3rd scraper. any tool you setup for bandwith usage what is cpu and ram usage?
  • @awint

I disabled proxies & search engines as you suggested. Now SER is almost stopped because I already exhausted most of the links in the site lists and I have the " avoid posting to the same domain twice" option turned on.

Even before I disable proxies and search engines ..the cpu & ram usage are always within the normal ranges.
  • How long have you been running these projects with this setup? 100K is a large KW list, but could it be that SER has run through the whole list and does not have any more keywords/searches to process? I would try using some new keywords.
    All engines he used do not need any keywords to find targets. So thats not the issue here.
  • @Sven

I sent you my VPS login details. Please check and let me know what is wrong with the VPS and/or my SER config.

Thanks for your help.
  • I don't think there is any problem. With the platform you selected, each project will eventually slow down as there won't be unlimited targets on these platforms.
  • @scorpio

I thought about this. Maybe  " No more targets " ? ..so I duplicated one project with the same settings and I cleared URL cache / history..and deleted all accounts. Then I added a brand new email to this project. Guess what ? Same problem !!

I don't really know what is going on on this crazy VPS!
    Wow another VPS account. Please not again. I don't have time to take care of every customers settings. Thats why we have a forum so that everyone can help eachother. I can not babysit every setup.
  • No problem Mr Sven... I'm willing to pay you for your time to fix the problem as a dedicated support from GSA specially for me. PM sent. thanks.
  • Hmm strange @mamadou. Please post back what it was if you get it fixed. We can all learn maybe from this.
  • edited April 2013
    @seagul

Thanks , I will post the fix as soon as I get to know it. Hopefully soon!

Now , I will backup everything and remove SER and reinstall it again. let's see if this gonna help.

• mamadou how many total verified links you get for these projects.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Looking at the screen shots, logic seems to have evaded you

No obl or bad words lists and you using the blacklist filter

Bin the blacklist filter. Data bases are only as good as the data entered and every site you hit gets checked which will slow submissions

Use an external indexing service, which will also reduce time wasted pinging sites

If you can afford it, buy Captcha Breaker and bin Captcha Sniper. Cant remember who the developer is, some top German programmer.

Do all three of the above and you should fly with submissions

• @scorpio

Not that many

@LeeG

I'm using the bad words list but I disabled it for troubleshooting purposes. Now , I applied your suggestions ( No filters / No indexing at all ) I hope that helps. ( my current LPM is 0.68 !! )

Regard the Captchas , I'm currently waiting for CS update. If it's not that good I will bin it and buy CB. I know CB is better than CS but I don't think CS is the cause of the problem here. 2 months ago I was flying with submissions and I had only CS.

I'm starting to suspect the operating system itself. But I'm not sure where to look further.

CPU & Ram usage seems to be ok

I tested the internet speed on the VPS and it's very good.

If anybody have any more suggestions please let me know.

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    170+ thousand verified's you have?

Did you scrape your own lists or is this just GSA scraping it's own from the serps?
  • googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    scrape and import your own lists for gsa to use

try using more platforms, namely guestbook/image comment/status. i dunno why ppl are afraid those type of 'spammy' links will hurt their site. more for me i guess

lower your threads to 100

up your html timeout

then again, if u didnt change anything and are now getting next to no lpm down from 50+ before, something must be screwed up. try using no proxies to see if its your current set of privates

I found this interesting "Bin the blacklist filter. Data bases are only as good as the data entered and every site you hit gets checked which will slow submissions"

handnt thought of that though it makes sense. though i dont know if increased lpm is worth risking posting on malware laden sites (i trust my mwb pro/mse combo but still). then again if gsa is using internal sockets???to bring up and post to sites vs ie etc...i guess there isnt a risk?

or for that matter sites known to report link builders for spam to their hosts. gonna test it on a bproof site
  • @Trevor_Bandura

Some folks here get 170k links verified in 1 day!   :  )

Mine are the sum of 4 months combined. It's all from GSA scrapings though.

@googlealchemist

I tried all what you mentioned already. Still no joy!

You can safely post to any site using SER. Don't worry about viruses since SER use only sockets and it never execute the Javascript.

@mamadou

That's pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

And those verified's you have are for the engines that your talking about in your OP right? Article, Bookmark Network and Wiki.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't even get close to those numbers yet.
  • Trev, read the threads it's all on this forum mate just need to do a little digging
    @seagul

I've went through them, but maybe I missed something. Will look through everything again and see if I can find something I missed.