Skip to content

Why change the forum skin or theme?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
No complains from anyone, why you decided to change it @sven

by the way i liked much more the first modification than this one.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Yep agree don't like forum skin changes and how do i get my bookmarked discussions back in the sidebar?
  • Yeah please change it back lol
  • ronron SERLists.com
    It's really weird how the posting completely slowed down all of a sudden. Is it because of the new skin?

• ronron SERLists.com
    What I don't like is that I can't go back and edit something (especially if I said something unclear), and 'most' new posts are not highlighted yellow. Which is very weird. Like this thread was not highlighted in yellow, and I never read it.

Plus if I want to add a comment to something I just published, I have to write a new comment. Which makes it a little disjointed.
  • + there is no way to bookmark anything... my favorite feature : (
  • What's this Karma thing?
  • yay bookmarking is back! thanks Sven!
  • I liked the old skin better. It was more compressed = better view. I really hate that the menu bar is on the left. Annoying :)
  • Well, guess we will acommodate but at the moment the menu bar on the left is a bit irritading when reading the posts.
  • edited April 2013
    @ron To edit a post you can hover over your post, then there will be an options icon on the right upper corner of your post. But it seems that this option will only be avaiable until 1 hour after posting.

P.S.: Just tried the edit function for this post :ar!
  • this "pagepeeker" plugin is obsolete imo, especially when its only showing the anonym.to site.

apart from that i think it seems to get better than the old version. i hope though that the sidebar will move to the right again. but thats just because of the old habit i suppose.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    haha yea will change that.
  • Why i cant accept an answer on my own thread? 

Whoops!

You don't have permission to do that.

because thats still not working :P
  • nice work anyway. it feels already like the old forum in "fresh" :)
    accept/reject should work as well now
  • OzzOzz
    edited April 2013
    @seagul: i don't know if the karma plugin is something Sven wanted to introduce or was part of the standard configuration of the updated vanilla forum.

but never forget: "karma's a bitch" :D
    yea lets see how that works out about karma...should show if a user is reliable or not at the end ;)
  • Ya so we have to be nice to people asking same questions over and over? 
  • Can I change my userid to "Karma"?
    naw, be the same as you have been @seagul ;)
  • It finally works with ipad now..
  • I like it myself, a lot neater looking :)
  • ronron SERLists.com

I really wish new posts would migrate to the top - for each user - like they always did.

Now I have to hunt and find where people have made posts, especially on older threads.

Hmm wait, isn't that like it was before? FAT topics are new or have new posts.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I would guess the Karma section isn't working too well. @Sven & @Ozz - seem to have no Karma despite being the most helpful people on the forum. Maybe it's a German thingy ;-)