Skip to content

Articles: Footer

oiloil
edited September 2012 in Need Help

i ve seen it before here, but couldnt find it anymore with the search, so once again,
below the article there is usually a link like

For more on ANCHOR look into URL

so where to change that line?

Comments

• You can edit this in the script of the engine:
    auto add anchor url content=\nFor more about <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> visit %url_domain%%url_path%

But you have to make sure that you rename your edited script. Otherwise there is the chance it will be overwritten once make some changes to the engine.
  • sorry to bother again, where can i find this script of engine, i checked in the folders
    C:\Users\home\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker
    and
    C:\Program Files\GSA Search Engine Ranker

but couldnt find anything to what you mentioned

• oiloil
    edited September 2012

after digging deeper with the script manual i guess its prolly here

C:\Program Files\GSA Search Engine Ranker\Engines

but since there are like 10000 of platform.ini s it seems i would need to edit them all?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I might be better not to change the ini files but your content and insert <a href="%url%">%anchor_text%</a> somewhere in your article and than this file doesn't get added as the program sees that you have already placed a link in the article.
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    well, you can shorten this process if you search for the term "auto add anchor url content" within the files. i don't know how you do this with standard windows explorer as i use another software (directory opus).
  • @Sven, gonna start loving the program, thats is really smart, thx
  • This may seem like a dumb question, but after searching on this forum I'm not sure about this:

I want to add more generic keywords to the gsa file and include the complete url.

I saw it has %url_domain% already in there.
    Does that only spit out the homepage?

I noticed there are a lot of different ones mentioned here like:
    %url%
    %url_domain%%url_path%
    %url_domain%

If I want the full url to show as the anchor text, which one should be used?

Thank you and sorry if this is simple, but I couldn't figure it out.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

This %url_domain% is obsolete as you have an option to use the URL/Domain as anchor text in the project itself. Though you can use %url% for the full url if you want to.

• Cool, needed to know so I can add generic anchor text like:

Check out %url%
    This site %url% is a great resource

Just wanted to make sure it would show the full url. 
    Thanks Sven!