Skip to content

Backing Up Is Not Working As Intended

ronron SERLists.com
edited September 2012 in Need Help

This has been a thorn in my side from the beginning and I should have asked earlier - maybe somebody can tell me what in the world I am doing wrong.

Only if I type a name in the 'save' field can I get a GSA project to save (backup). This forced me to save each project individually, and of course, type in each project name every single time I backup.

Whether a single project, or when multiple projects are highlighted (and all are inactive btw), when I try to back them up, I get the *.ser in the save field, but it does not allow me to save. Only when I type something in the save field will it actually save my project.

This is insane!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Oh well thats how almost every program handles things to save. You are responsible to enter a filename where it gets stored. The *.ser is a filter to show the already made backups. And if you select more than one project you can still save it under one backup file. I don't get what the problem is here.
  • Me neither.

Just expand all projects/groups -> mark (highlight) all -> backup -> name your savefile like "GSA_2012_09_16_all.ser" -> save
  • ronron SERLists.com

You guys answered it. Earlier on the board I saw s4nt0s tell somebody to highlight everything and do a group backup.

For whatever reason, it sounded like I should have been able to expect the save function to adopt/inherit the name of each project, and save each project individually - in one swipe. I guess I read too much into it.

Ozz, thanks for saying that out loud. I didn't realize you could save all projects under one save name. I guess I never even tried it. I was always doing individual saves and wasting time.

Live and learn. Thanks guys!