Skip to content

BUG? Woke up to "Google Captcha" when attempting a search

edited March 2013 in Bugs
Just wanted to let you guys know that when I got up today and went to do a manual google search I got that old "too many requests" captcha from google.

I have no other programs running which access google except GSA.

My settings are to use private proxies everywhere and to stop on 0. All 10 proxies are valid, and I've never had this happen before (unless on a VPN which I am not currently.)

The only change I can note is the recent update to the proxy settings. I unchecked all the public proxy options since I use none.

@sven Just a heads up, this seems to be a bug due to the change in proxy settings. I'm guessing proxy use is being ignored somewhere. Unfortunately, if that's true then I'm concerned that this could also get my ip blacklisted if it is performing operations without the use of proxies, so please take a look and let me know what you think or there's any more info I can provide.

Thanks!

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Have you been into the screen where you set up and test the proxies and marked them as private?
  • Nope hadn't done that, thanks for the heads up :D.

Still they've been functioning perfectly ever since that change in proxy settings was implemented, LPM and whatnot remained constant during the night also.

Went ahead and made that change in proxy settings, but I'm guessing that's not what caused the issue.
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    edited March 2013
    I'm having this problem also.

Getting the Google captcha and when my email gets banned, it's showing my real IP address.

On the proxies tab, an X means PRIVATE right? Might be a little more understandable if it had a Yes for private or a NO for private.

I never understand what the darn X means. Sometimes when I look at my verified links, it has an X for do-foll0w, but it's an no-foll0w site. And sometimes there is no X and it's no-foll0w.
  • x means checked or ticked or yes
  • isn't the "X" a common character to mark something in other languages/regions?

i mean like this for instance:
  • edited March 2013
    X marks the spot.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    Greenwillow won the price! ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah you have too much time on your hands LOL
  • ronron SERLists.com
    F***ing SpongeBob!
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Yes but, when I click to view confirmed links, under the do-follow column sometimes with the X it is a do-follow link, and sometimes it's a no follow link. So yes I do get confused once in a while with what the X actually means.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    X means do follow. If you think it is wrong, do a re-verify and it should correct this (in case it has been changed).
  • londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @thebadmix - I am having this same problem and i use 50 semi-dedicated proxies  from buyproxies.org and their support said their proxies are working good - what proxies are you using?
  • Haven't had the problem again since I added the x mark to indicate private proxies within the proxy config

Using 10 semis from proxy hub