Skip to content

What version is everyone running?

edited March 2013 in Need Help
I'm still running 5.26 I just tried moving to 5.46 but still getting much lower submits and lpm than I am for older versions.

Which version are you running?

Comments

• i always run latest versions .. kinda never had too much problems .. and sven fixes errors fast.
  • ronron SERLists.com
  • Still testing latest 5.46 as typing, keep 5.26 before this.

In my case:
    Tested 5.22, 25& 26, 5.22 is about 30 lpm faster than the other 2, but crashes every 2-3 hours...so, im good with 5.26, speed around 100-110
  • Hmmm seems to have a lot of ppl running an older version like me as its more stable. Long term not sure if this is sustainable as mor changes get rolled out.

@sven any view on the submit lpm drops since 5.26? Lots of ppl on this forum seem to have a similar issue.

Thanks in advance
  • edited March 2013
    in the last 6 hours i am running 5.46
    seems to works well. 

Before that 5.25
  • edited March 2013
    hmmm interesting. Thought i was the only one running a much older version. I've updated to the latest versions, but since roughly v5.4x my submissions rates have been terrible. I get low thread count usage, i'm talking like <50 even though i have it set to 800, and more often than not, even though the projects are set to 'active' and the program is running, nothing actually takes place, the program just sits there without actually submitting. v5.26 is the last stable versions i currently have my hands on, so thats what i'm using.
  • edited March 2013
    @doubleup how many projects do you run at the same time with the scheduler?

I have it at 7 now and it is running at 100 threads.

I am getting much higher LPM with 5.46 than with 5.25
  • @Tropics I don't make use of the scheduler feature at all. Running roughly 10 projects, yet with v5.26 i get >200 LPM and full thread usage, with v5.46 i get a fraction of that. 
  • I have two setups so I am running my VPS (~40 projects) on v5.22 and then running my home setup (9 projects) on the latest version (v5.46) but I get a lot of problems with the latest version. Since the 5.4x versions I have seen the LpM drop considerably and on the latest version two of the projects have stopped processing completely - https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/21186

Once I know the latest version doesn't seem to have these issues then I will be happy to update my VPS. Quite surprising to see so many people using old versions though
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Im still running 5.22

The trick with that version, if you get a hang on it. Kill it and restart and you will get days running it without problem

• can someone upload the v5.22 setup please .. seems like most of you use older version have to try too
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @kaykay it's here on the forum posted somewhere...
  • edited March 2013
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/2670/consistent-crashing-since-version/p3

toward the bottom:....

mega.co.nz/#!108yyL6a!HhPJ2Xq_bj75j_UDhWe1aHhkq4UgwdW20xAqGNiRXHU
    If you run an older version, check the proxy tab and settings, they change if you flip between new and old versions
  • Alright then, give 5.22 another try, waiting for the crashing then restart as LeeG said.

I'm on the second plan of berman, 6.8G CPU, 100mb bandwidth(RAM never be a problem). CPU always got 99% usage while bandwidth around 5-20mb/s avg(Speedtest shows that machine could get maximum 79mb/s download and 50 upload)
    Just wanna know, which settings or which part is responsible for high CPU loading, trying to utilize bandwidth better, @LeeG any idea?

Try dropping your threads

I used to run 250 threads at one time on my vps (not vermin aka berman) But I get just the same results running 240 threads with less maxing of resources

• I tired again 5.22  5.25  5.26  and 5.46 
    on second testing of 5.46 I got the same results as @doubleup got

running 5.22 now and will probably stay with it for a while.
  • edited March 2013
    On 5.28 as that has been my favored edition for a while.

• back to 5.22 ... and I wondering what @sven thinks about the heavy users all running older versions.
  • back to 5.22 ... and I wondering what @sven thinks about the heavy users all running older versions.

I also wonder why people run the old version???? cause i always run the last version.
    nicerice said: back to 5.22 ... and I wondering what @sven thinks about the heavy users all running older versions.

• I never really bothered and always update to latest version
  • i like to try 5.22 version again.. does anyone still have the exe file?
  • I was running 5.30 until today. Switched to 5.48 this morning. Everything has been running fine. I am getting about the same LpM. Not sure if this is good though, because I had made several changes and added several projects and expected my number of links to go up.
  • i always use the last version... can @sven please clarify why LeeG and Ron still use the 5.22 version? what is the difference?
  • ronron SERLists.com

Quit asking @sven these questions :)

I use it because I can get more speed. I am not as addicted to speed as some - no names mentioned :) here, but sometimes a racecar can go faster without all the extras.

I still keep up with all the updates, and every so often I try the new versions. Been so darn busy I have been using the old one. But I will give the new ones a ride this week.

• Always keep update, even use the old version. Features like engines update could affect all versions, speed, more platforms, success rate etc.