Skip to content

Emails not being verified / deleted from Hotmail

davbeldavbel UK
edited March 2013 in Need Help
Hi All

I think I've read of others having similar issues, but I'm unable to find the thread...

Having checked through my projects it appears that SER isn't deleting / verifying all emails.

I'm using Hotmail for the most of the projects and it seems that with projects that have a higher number of submissions, then all the emails do not get verified / deleted.

e.g.
One project has 70k submissions, but in the Hotmail acct there are still 7000+ emails in the inbox, some of these date back to the 17th (24th today) - This is the same for all the accounts that are affected.  The oldest emails all date to the 17th - Could this date have coincided with an update?

Verifications is set to run every 1440 and my email settings for all my projects are:
imageimage

My questions are:
  1. Is anyone else having the same problems?
  2. What did you do to resolve?
  3. Is there a way of forcing the emails to be verified / deleted without either going through each one or blanket deleting within Hotmail?

Cheers All

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I had a similar issue on 1 VPS but not the other with a catchall. Same setups, identical, but on the one it deleted as it should and on other it never deleted. I've now moved to a new VPS provider, so will check on new one if it resolved it. Not sure if it's relevant, but definitely had the issue. 
  • I think this is because of the 15 minutes between logins.

Calculated that in 24 hours SER will be able to perform "only" 96 email checks from the same domain (hotmail.com)
    If you have many projects and/or when you have many emails per projects it will just take to much time to check them all...

• @davbel I think that if you use proxies for email, you don't need to use also the 15 minutes between logins, that could solve your problem.
  • same opinion and expierence like post above!