Skip to content

Out of memory

out of memory is the main problem with the software. I have many licenses with dedicated servers all of them same configuration and the same library ... some of them work finer and for others even with two projects I got the memory issue ... no real fix I tried everything published here but it getting worse and worse !! attached just a view of one of my machines !!
Tagged:

Comments

• DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited January 27
    Did you try
    Options button>>Setting Pane>>Submission (default view)
    then decrease threads or memory usage? (First two checkboxes under thread count)
    Just wondering. Not sure if this is it.
    Thanked by 1Freeman
  • FreemanFreeman New York
    Deeeeeeee said:
    Did you try
    Options button>>Setting Pane>>Submission (default view)
    then decrease threads or memory usage? (First two checkboxes under thread count)
    Just wondering. Not sure if this is it.
    what is the optimal values ? 
  • The software it self should/can only use 4GB max being it's 32 bit I believe. If check the options mentioned above you will see that when checked it will default to 4096mb which is pretty much 4GB. Well it used to but upon checking right now when checked default it says 2000MB which is 2 GB.

I dont have these set currently and if your front GUI is showing accurate info you have not reached the memeory limit unless it not showing and updated current realtime memory use from SER so maybe image may be decieving IDK.

So things have changed/been updated and or are behaving differently again on tht machine?

There was a time not that long ago that I was able to increase it higher and thought it may be able to use more or maybe was updated to do so but it was not the case. It would be back at 4096MB when I opened it up again after closing no matter if I tried setting higher. Currently not doing that. 

There was also memory issue that had been fixed months back. You can view the changelog and see this.

So I have seen similar behavior too but more around that time for me.

From what I see in your image, its says you are using 2.83 GB out of the 4 you should theoretically be able to use. From this it would suggest you are at a bit under 75 percent of the softwares total "memory allowance" not out of memeory but maybe im missing something.

What are you seeing that says its memory issue with the software?

What CPU or "running processes" are you using that is at 2 percent running 150 threads?

Also, what are those 150 threads doing that provided you with only 34 submission and 2 verifications?

Can you go into options ---> advanced---> tick/check on -----> run in debug mode?

What do you see going on in here? Anything like consistant proxy issues or similar?

Idk maybe this is helpful? Your other machines/instances are all running fine just this one is given you an "issue"?

• Sry, I forget your question about values, I guess in case there is a memory issue maybe you could set to decrease on less then the maximum under 4000 so maybe some thing in 3000 range and test around there?

Your image suggest your using 2830MB.

Maybe someone else can help on topic but thats all I got of top of my head for possible brainstorming issues . . .?
  • I guess opening up task manager can/will give more insights as to whats going on and maybe a better source for this and to compare?
  • sickseosickseo London,UK
    Have you tried using the scheduler instead? I run 10 projects with the scheduler and change running projects every 30 minutes (Default settings). The software will consume much less memory and cpu running it this way. 
    Thanked by 1backlinkaddict
    The software it self should/can only use 4GB max being it's 32 bit I believe. If check the options mentioned above you will see that when checked it will default to 4096mb which is pretty much 4GB. Well it used to but upon checking right now when checked default it says 2000MB which is 2 GB.

I dont have these set currently and if your front GUI is showing accurate info you have not reached the memeory limit unless it not showing and updated current realtime memory use from SER so maybe image may be decieving IDK.

So things have changed/been updated and or are behaving differently again on tht machine?

There was a time not that long ago that I was able to increase it higher and thought it may be able to use more or maybe was updated to do so but it was not the case. It would be back at 4096MB when I opened it up again after closing no matter if I tried setting higher. Currently not doing that. 

There was also memory issue that had been fixed months back. You can view the changelog and see this.

So I have seen similar behavior too but more around that time for me.

From what I see in your image, its says you are using 2.83 GB out of the 4 you should theoretically be able to use. From this it would suggest you are at a bit under 75 percent of the softwares total "memory allowance" not out of memeory but maybe im missing something.

What are you seeing that says its memory issue with the software?

What CPU or "running processes" are you using that is at 2 percent running 150 threads?

Also, what are those 150 threads doing that provided you with only 34 submission and 2 verifications?

Can you go into options ---> advanced---> tick/check on -----> run in debug mode?

What do you see going on in here? Anything like consistant proxy issues or similar?

Idk maybe this is helpful? Your other machines/instances are all running fine just this one is given you an "issue"?

Than you for your reply, i attached you picture shown the values, current software statistics and i put it on debug mode. 

sickseo said:
    Have you tried using the scheduler instead? I run 10 projects with the scheduler and change running projects every 30 minutes (Default settings). The software will consume much less memory and cpu running it this way. 
    Hello 

Thank you for your reply, in fact i tried this solution but still same problem. So i'm running only 5 to 7 campaigns only and start the software started 5 minutes to have memory issue even on computer running windows 11 and 10 .... which they are good erpformance computers !! issue with the memory start to happen lately !!
  • Freeman what version are you using?

Are you using same "version" all your setups where you have different results?

Maybe you want to click on help in the toolbar and select check for updates because it appears in the screenshot you are not on the latest version?

The latest has an extra "column" to the right of "verified" which kinda of threw me off a bit at first or you just have it "hidden" like I do but I still see a "t" when I do this, so I think I can safely assume your not on latest version on that instance.

Be aware this new "targets" colum is a number in mb/kb only, not number of actual "targets" you have left and currently it's updating every five minutes. I think maybe naming it "MB's left" or simliar "MB<" or megabytes with "arrow" would be easier to understand that actual context for some, at least for me it would.

Maybe you want to update and retry?

On another note, I have done SEO in english but globally for some time now. I can see a "keyword" in your project for a certain service and area that I had a client ranking #1 with for many years. I let that client go because they wanted everything for free and did'nt appreciate what I was doing, but it's still hilarious!

Which makes me remember. . . 

I saw the same thing years ago watching someone do a "live" You-Tube video of the type--> im going to call a customer and let you listen to our conversation (Sales Training). . .  And as I saw what keywords he was showing were "ranking" and telling the client about impression count going up I saw a certain blog of mine which is no longer active  but was ranking on top of what he was showing in video which again is completely hilarious to me. If I remember correctly it was "best profitable niches" or something similar. And I had a long list of "profitable niches" which I gave away and explained how to extract a "micro-niche" from the main more general seed list. This was probably over 7 years ago and Im getting off track. Just makes the world seem so small so I can only laugh at the coincidence.

Anyways, try doing that update, possibly clearing up some cache and test again then lmk how you make out?
    Freeman what version are you using?

Are you using same "version" all your setups where you have different results?

Maybe you want to click on help in the toolbar and select check for updates because it appears in the screenshot you are not on the latest version?

The latest has an extra "column" to the right of "verified" which kinda of threw me off a bit at first or you just have it "hidden" like I do but I still see a "t" when I do this, so I think I can safely assume your not on latest version on that instance.

Be aware this new "targets" colum is a number in mb/kb only, not number of actual "targets" you have left and currently it's updating every five minutes. I think maybe naming it "MB's left" or simliar "MB<" or megabytes with "arrow" would be easier to understand that actual context for some, at least for me it would.

Maybe you want to update and retry?

On another note, I have done SEO in english but globally for some time now. I can see a "keyword" in your project for a certain service and area that I had a client ranking #1 with for many years. I let that client go because they wanted everything for free and did'nt appreciate what I was doing, but it's still hilarious!

Which makes me remember. . . 

I saw the same thing years ago watching someone do a "live" You-Tube video of the type--> im going to call a customer and let you listen to our conversation (Sales Training). . .  And as I saw what keywords he was showing were "ranking" and telling the client about impression count going up I saw a certain blog of mine which is no longer active  but was ranking on top of what he was showing in video which again is completely hilarious to me. If I remember correctly it was "best profitable niches" or something similar. And I had a long list of "profitable niches" which I gave away and explained how to extract a "micro-niche" from the main more general seed list. This was probably over 7 years ago and Im getting off track. Just makes the world seem so small so I can only laugh at the coincidence.

Anyways, try doing that update, possibly clearing up some cache and test again then lmk how you make out?
    Thank you again 

I checked all of them, they are running on the latest update version v17.43. all are the same version, below is one of them running on optimal performance 

I'm running the campaign based on primary keyword and secondary keywords. I don't harvest URsL, i havea  library to save all the power and resources for backlinks profile. If you have a  best practsicefor structurina ge campaign, Wouldll be appreciate your contribution. 
  • Freeman 

See what I mean though, sometimes the resource usage your showing could be misleading/updating differently etc.

Sometimes, its helpful to open task manager I find and see what windows is showing me there.

CTRL + ALT + DELETE to open and select task manager or right click on Windows 11 Icon in taskbar and select task manger from there.

You can click on processes in the right menu and you should see what programs/services are running and whats hoggin' up the most resources.

You can see whats going on with your programs/services here which will be shown left of image below but this is where you can filter and find out what resources are being used and also see if maybe there is something else bogging them down (windows 11 defender is agressive and hogs resources while actively running).

This can potentially cause issues/slow other things down.

For example, mine while showing betwen 0-2 or 3% on GUI, I can see in task manger it's showing me it's using around 10%. Just an  example.

Also, if you worried about space keep in mind (while running in debug mode) it's saving this data so if you would like to remove it you can click here --> see below

Best practice for structuring campaigns, hmmmm. . . I think having a good DB of certain, even hand selected types, of optimized engines----> filtered using your favorite "rating" signal, nailing down optimal settings for your purpose, then creating a few templates at this point woud be a good start. Below is how to create/save/export "Templates".

This is in "project settings" and to get here just click on a project which I think is self explanatory.

Create some different templates and use different ones for different projects/domains and measure your results/rankings after a certain interval of time also after you know links are indexed in targetted search engine. Keep in mind the keyword ranking can "dance" so a slight drop does not 100 percent mean a bad thing. It can come back up higher shortly. Also, depending on what updates silent or verified the search engines roll out, it can have an effect on "expected" results which can/will vary.

Sometimes you may run into issue where you may need to add some temporary "placeholder" data to save, similar to what I explained in the "save project by name" workaround.

Creating and visualizing these templates will take a certain skillset, patience and actual testing.

This can be a huge discussion/debate all on it's own. . .

I would also like to point out that just because or if you use someone else's "template", it does not mean you will see same results.
    Results can vary because the URL's in sitelists are not the same for every user. Also, more advanced users create there own scripts, build and add new footprints to find more then the "default" ones would find, optimize current scripts in their software, add there own engines etc.

Here is an example of what this may look like. . .

You really need to be testing and studying up on script manual and documentation found by clicking the "HELP" in the tool bar.

There is no very simple way to do this.

It's advanced and I dont think many users get this far.

The possibilities with SER are really endless but its not going an easy road to get to that "expert" level.

That being said, I know there are videos games people play today that have 100 hour learning curves and some of those users put hundreds, sometime thousands of hours into that game. If you go by that mentality and determination but switch from learning/playing a game to learning SER maybe you can get there much faster, I think.

I tried to analyze the processors and rams usage, and i see high percentage from the GSA. One of them shown the memory error even when no projects active to run. I was only try to clean the duplicate URL, and domains. The system was working fine a month ago. Recently i have this issue with 4 servers while the rest are working fine. I will planning to add more servers and i may have to go for Ranker X . only limitation for them 20 campaigns simultaneous .    

• Maybe just follow the prompt and not run that many project simultaneously?

Or try optimizing whats there, maybe your cluterred up with "garbage" you can select project all or certain ones and clean caches/history but be careful with that as im not sure exactly what your doing.. tbh

If you do try this, do when its not running and then restart a few and see what happens, next?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @Freeman can you send me the folder of the site list where you tried to clean duplicates in private message? I can not reproduce this issue and need your data to find and fix it.

• I don't see this issue and can't reproduce either, just trying to brainstorm some quick thoughts that could potentially help if it's behaving "odd" for him.

I do notice that the "new" column was showing me a number (50) or a number and kb (50kb).

Its also updating some projects that I have set off and have not used, care about or had active in awhile. 

Is this normal?

Would this slow setup down? Or potentially cause some errors/issues I wonder being a new feature?

Also, was wondering should I been seeing for example the email icon near email manager and article icon near article manager in the tabs there like it used to be or were they simple taken out?

Kinda like back in the day when we saw more icons in the log like the filter icon for example. I suspect these ere taken out for optimization speed?

Just wondering as for me these simple UI icons/features increase my overall experience positively.
    - no mem leaks or alike from the new target urls function, that can not be the reason.
    - you are right, the icons had been removed by mistake...next update has it again.
    Thanked by 1backlinkaddict
  • Sven that would be awesome and really enhance the modification I made to "size" and "color" for me! 

Thank-you!
  • DeeeeeeeeDeeeeeeee the Americas
    edited February 4
    If you save (backup) all your projects and then delete half of them, do you still get this?
    What about with one only project loaded in, deleting all but one?
    Make a file and save all projects first. You can even make two (or three let's not overdo it! lol) backup sets: One with all projects and a second set with half and then the other half as two different .SER files.
    You can then delete half of projects loaded, and see what  happens.
    Next, delete all but one project and see what happens.
    If you don't encounter that message again, then it is possible your projects are too numerous/large, I am guessing.

Not sure if SER has to be restarted to clear memory but all your projects in the Projects List Pane are loaded into MEMORY, along with a lot of stuff associated with each. OFC, I need to trim all that, too!
    I'm  just wondering if your sys is so cluttered, you're getting that message bc of that. Not sure if that was relevant or helpful, but saying nothing isn't helping you, either way. :neutral:
  • Personally, I would stop all and restart program. Maybe even "server"

Make sure on latest version.

Then modify projects and select options to clear some things up there.

I hit refresh as well as habit.

Then in advanced sitelists tools---> check options for deduping URLs and maybe the check/remove none working.

Clear debug files if applies.

Then start with a few "fresh" projects.

I also have script that I can run to "clear memory" I leave on desktop. This helps for certain things.

Do you have space and memory available is task manager in OS?

Just some more thoughts. . .

i tried to remove all the projects and keep only 5 , still lot of memory in use and the software speed is nothing . in 24 hours they created only 29 links . still memory issue make me losing faith in GSA SER and even i have no official answer from the support to fix or directions to have better performance,. 

Sven said:
    @Freeman can you send me the folder of the site list where you tried to clean duplicates in private message? I can not reproduce this issue and need your data to find and fix it.
    How i can send it to u ?? 
  • Your site lists in advanced under site lists if you tried to clean duplicates or use "clean up" options it will ask from which . . .     []identified []submitted []verified []Failed. 

Did you check any one or all?

I think he is asking for the folder where you used this feature.

Maybe, he would like you to PM him with that folder info?

So export site list with tools and send him the .sl file you just exported and saved as something maybe ?

######################################################################

In addition, I think there maybe something funky going on with site lists currently depending on your workflow/settings.

For me, it seems the site list is overwriting itself currently and I'm losing all my sites, first it happened with Pligg from thousands to couple hundred. Verifieds

Last night with Gnu Board test with just Gnu module with one project running with sites in sitelist and parsing. Only "13" I'm looking into it now.

Now with another test.  I try to test and do the same thing but many ways and see if I can recreate the "bug". This software is capable of so many things and is very, very advanced so there is going to be times these odd behaviors might happen.

The theory of this software is perfect... though it requires optimizing your footprint, scripts, and making custom templates. Also, it using proxies for different things and is not optional anymore. I have found some sellers are not giving out proxies no better than what you can scrape yourself with GSA Proxy Scraper.

So there is that adding to the confusion for some.

I kinda come to expect bugs from time to time, and expect them when automating months of work running 300 threads/workers with complicated scripts to run optimally. This cannot be achieved when you try some off these things manually. 

So automating can be tricky indeed.

Your site lists in advanced under site lists if you tried to clean duplicates or use "clean up" options it will ask from which . . .     []identified []submitted []verified []Failed. 

Did you check any one or all?

I think he is asking for the folder where you used this feature.

Maybe, he would like you to PM him with that folder info?

So export site list with tools and send him the .sl file you just exported and saved as something maybe ?

######################################################################

In addition, I think there maybe something funky going on with site lists currently depending on your workflow/settings.

For me, it seems the site list is overwriting itself currently and I'm losing all my sites, first it happened with Pligg from thousands to couple hundred. Verifieds

Last night with Gnu Board test with just Gnu module with one project running with sites in sitelist and parsing. Only "13" I'm looking into it now.

Now with another test.  I try to test and do the same thing but many ways and see if I can recreate the "bug". This software is capable of so many things and is very, very advanced so there is going to be times these odd behaviors might happen.

The theory of this software is perfect... though it requires optimizing your footprint, scripts, and making custom templates. Also, it using proxies for different things and is not optional anymore. I have found some sellers are not giving out proxies no better than what you can scrape yourself with GSA Proxy Scraper.

So there is that adding to the confusion for some.

I kinda come to expect bugs from time to time, and expect them when automating months of work running 300 threads/workers with complicated scripts to run optimally. This cannot be achieved when you try some off these things manually. 

So automating can be tricky indeed.

Thank you for your reply, i will try to PM the site list. I clean the duplicate at least once eery week. I invested lot of money to purchase the site lists to make sure the software is not scrape for sites and all the power for backlinks. Setup was working very good till recent update, i'm facing this issue for almost two weeks now. Before all the server were working fine. This issue is not affecting all the servers. I already has GSA proxy scraper to make sure i have fresh lists. I installed on every server, GSA SER, GSA Proxy Scraper, GSA Indexer, and GSA Captcha Breaker. Plus i bought many site lists and i have death per captcha loaded for captchas . 
    If you believe i missed something to enhance the process, please advise me. If you have resources that u can share for scripts i can use or footprint, i have another software to scrape site list ScrapeBox to harvest site list. 

The problem still exist for now, Thank you again for your support. 
    It is new now, when i try to remove the duplicate i got the memory error again. Only 5 projects and none are working, i still get the memory error . Check attached picture !!

Can you send me the folder with your site lists in private message?
    edited February 9
    i sent it 
    I got your data but even with that it all de-duplicates without errors. Any chance to login to your system and check?
    Sven said:
    I got your data but even with that it all de-duplicates without errors. Any chance to login to your system and check?
    I will send you the login details, i use team viewer, anydesk, or google desktop remote. Which one is good for you ?? 
    anydesk