Skip to content

Feature Request - Social Bookmarks

edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
Heya, i was thinking for quite a while that you should implement an option if we want profile links on our social bookmarking campains or not, as i would like to use GSA SER to create social bookmarks for my clients. What we need is one setting that wont allow to create profile links on social bookmark platforms. This way we can use GSA SER for bookmarking story's, and provide our clients clean raports only with the bookmarked backlink. I now need to use different bookmarking tool for this job, but it would be so awsome if i could only use GSA SER for marketing and never need to open other seo tool as its an easy fix?
What do you think?

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Interesting...so you are saying that we can create a project for Social Bookmarking, and we have a number of accounts pre setup (SER already does this part well, so it's a case of accessing the x number of profiles you already have), and you then tell it to do bookmark each URL x number of times?

This would really be good. Because with like 20 bookmarks you can move an URL's to page 1 which has better PR and often get's all the visits. 
  • awesome idea!

+1
  • @AlexR I was talking about an option that we could build only story links not actual profile page backlinks.

@skyf ty
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I am not referring to profile links! I am saying if you have a story or bookmark, then using a set of "default profiles" you can bookmark that story so it has 50 bookmarks and climbs to page 1 in popular content. I said nothing about profile page links.
  • @alexr As this is my thread i explained what i was reffering to.
  • +1 for either as I think you both mean the same in a roundabout way :-)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    How do you propose signing up for social bookmark sites without getting a profile link???
  • Singing up have nothing to do with the profile page. It can just skip this step. You are allowed to submit bookmarks if you dont edit your profile.
  • edited March 2013
    @Sven @Ozz Is this request worthy for to do list? I really think it is. What do you guys think?
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    i have nothing to do with the development of SER nor i'm volunteer of GSA.
  • edited March 2013
    I still cannot get any backlinks from them i dont know why... could you take a look @sven?

12:14:24: [+] 591/591 matches engine Pligg - http://wildonion.w3bookmarks.com/
    12:14:24: [+] 591/591 new URL - http://wildonion.w3bookmarks.com/register/
    12:14:24: [+] 591/591 registration successful - http://wildonion.w3bookmarks.com/register/
    12:14:24: [+] 591/591 login successful - http://wildonion.w3bookmarks.com/register/
    12:14:24: [+] 591/591 submission successful (97 submitted - AVG: 1534.63/h) - http://wildonion.w3bookmarks.com/user/profile/evelynmat/

I have no ideea, i though it fails to check the email for activation or something but i dont think its the case...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Turn debug mode on and see for yourself.
  • edited March 2013
    Heh its my first time useing this, congratulation for the coding, its possible even for nonprogrammers like me  to understand.
    Could this be the reason?

I find another set of red captchas on the submit page. My debug is outputs "unkown field nonspamkey was used in form"

yep thats fixed now for next version...just add

nonspamkey=%textcode% style="color:red; font-weight:bold;">;</td>

in [STEP1] and in [EXTRA_STEP1]

• Nice, can i report to you what platforms may need improved if i check with debug mode other platforms? I would love to do that @sven.
    sure why not...
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I think the big next phase of SER will be platform improvement and addition. Maybe @Sven can add a category in the forum for "Platform Dev" and all these related posts can go into that? 

Might make it easier for people to then view them later and learn from the threads. 
  • @Sven could my request be possible?
    i was thinking for quite a while that you should implement an option if
    we want profile links on our social bookmarking campains or not, as i
    would like to use GSA SER to create social bookmarks for my clients.
    What we need is one setting that wont allow to create profile links on
    social bookmark platforms. This way we can use GSA SER for bookmarking
    story's, and provide our clients clean raports only with the bookmarked
    backlink. I now need to use different bookmarking tool for this job, but
    it would be so awsome if i could only use GSA SER for marketing and
    never need to open other seo tool as its an easy fix?
    What do you think?
    its on the to do list
  • @Sven I have similar problem with Social networks. I would like to create contextual links only as tier 1 and then use "Use verified URLs of another project" to create tier 2 links to those. If i use this option now, i am creating tier 2 backlinks to several profile links that comes with Social network submission (maybe with articles and web2.0s too, have not tested this yet). I dont want this, creating tier 2 links to profiles looks quite strange to me.

Would it be possible to separate profiles and contextual links and then maybe put an option "Use verified CONTEXTUAL URLs of another project"? I have to manually select contextual links now...

Or maybe this feature that @eLeSlash suggests would be enough - to have an option to not place our URLs to profiles.

thanks

Grrrr what is so difficult to understand with my sentence "its on the to do list" ?

People, if you keep bugging for something more and more and almost pushing me, you get the opposite. Maybe I'm like a small kid when it comes to this but I hate this constant bashing on the same topic. It's different with bugs, but for features I would just ignore it.

• What?? My suggestion was different then the one from eLeSlash, he was talking just about bookmarks and I have asked/suggested this "Use verified CONTEXTUAL URLs of another project" feature...
  • edited April 2013
    As i see the pligg platform was improved a lot in the last update, i was wondering, can we start useing gsa ser for our social bookmark reports (meaning could we get this feature request, so we can provide to our clients clean story reports) ? I know its on to do list, but what would be a closer estimation when this can be done, in like the next 3 weeks time spam or more? Just want to make an ideea, so i can plan my future moves