Skip to content

auth error when adding gmail accounts to gsa ser

@sven I added a working gmail.com account with pop3 enabled inside, but using the correct setting in gsa ser (as recommended by google pop3) and the correct user name and password, i keep getting the error below as attached.

can u kindly assist?

Comments

• the error pops up when i test the email account within gsa ser
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You have to enable pop3/smtp usage in options when logged in. / For password use APP Password what you have to define and not the gmail password
    Thanked by 1hardcorenuker
  • For password use APP Password what you have to define and not the gmail password

@Sven i already through google account's interface 4 times and even did a search but there is no option to add an App Password...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Maybe the place changed where it originally was...maybe someone else can help? Because Im not using google accounts.
  • For password use APP Password what you have to define and not the gmail password

@Sven i already through google account's interface 4 times and even did a search but there is no option to add an App Password...

Kinda late here, but to generate the app password you need 2FA enabled for gmail.
  • Create & use app passwords

Important: To create an app password, you need 2-Step Verification on your Google Account.

If you use 2-Step-Verification and get a "password incorrect" error when you sign in, you can try to use an app password.

1. Go to your Google Account.
    2. Select Security.
    3. Under "Signing in to Google," select 2-Step Verification.
    4. At the bottom of the page, select App passwords.
    5. Enter a name that helps you remember where you’ll use the app password.
    6. Select Generate.
    7. To enter the app password, follow the instructions on your screen. The app password is the 16-character code that generates on your device.
    8. Select Done.

If you’ve set up 2-Step Verification but can’t find the option to add an app password, it might be because:

Tip: Usually, you’ll need to enter an app password once per app or device.

• I recently tried Gmail, everything was working fine and then:

• Its pretty useless, pretty quickly its obvious that no human behavior is going on in that account also giving them your links and account info is probably not good idea so it got shut down.

Also they have access to many other footprints that can work against your efforts now.

Whatever you doing IDK but using that service may not be a great idea in SER long term.

There are ways to use while not violating there service agreement I bet
  • Yeah it wasn't warmed up or anything, I just used it to see if it got me more links from places or got approved more etc.