Skip to content

E-mail Verification - Login Failed

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I am having trouble getting my email address verified on new projects. I have tried creating new email accounts with both Gmail and Hotmail but cannot get a successful login in the GSA 'E-mail Verification' tab.

For example, I set the Pop3-Server as pop.googlemail.com, Port 995
Login myemail@gmail.com
password

I have checked 'Delete message when verification link was found'

When I click test, I get the 'Login Failed' popup. I have also tried with my Hotmail account using pop3.live.com in the Pop3-Server field.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Make sure you also check SSL for gmail and that you enable pop3 access within gmail settings.
  • Yes Sven. I do have Use SSL ticked and pop3 is enabled within Gmail but I am still getting the error.
  • You are 100% sure that your password is correct? Maybe a blank at the end of the PW or something like that. This could happen through copy/pasting.
  • Another try: If you login with thunderbird/outlook to your account with exactly the same password (copy/paste) does it work then?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2012
    Gmail is such a hassle. If you can, go with hotmail. You can get 300-500 of them off fiverr for $5.

Just PM'd you 10 fresh Hotmail accounts you can have. These already have the rule set so all you need to do is enter the proper pop 3 details that I show in the image and you're good to go.

They're verified to be tested and working.
  • Bytefaker,

I copy/pasted the information directly from the fields in GSA and it worked fine in Thunderbird. I've also tried retyping the info into the fields to make sure there aren't any typos or extra spaces.
  • Thank you for the hotmail accounts s4nt0s. Unfortunately I am still getting the same 'Login Failed' message when I try to use them.

I made sure to use the exact settings that you sent in the screenshot as well.

Also, I made sure that the software is up to date. v4.19
    edited September 2012
    Well that is extremely odd. I just tested all of them and they login fine. I'm thinking it has to be an I.P. issue? Are you on a VPS or home PC and is there any way you have access to another PC on a different I.P?

I'm not sure if this is it.

Actually ... I was thinking maybe its your firewall blocking it? Maybe try disabling your firewall temporarily and trying it or add GSA as an exception.

I'm just taking wild guesses here but its worth checking out.
  • edited September 2012
    I never had this issue at all. I'm using Gmail (to fetch my hotmails) too... The only difference I have is that I'm using pop.gmail.com instead of pop.googlemail.com. But pop.googlemail.com is working at my side too.

Edit: If you want you can pm me your username/pw then I can try it if it works with my SER installation.
    @Bytefaker - It will work with your installation. It's something on his PC that's blocking it.

I just sent him 10 freshly tested hotmails that worked fine on my end.
  • I disabled the windows firewall then reenabled it and my problem is fixed. Thank you all kindly for the help. I greatly appreciate it!
    Glad you got it working. Be sure and make use of those hotmails I sent you too. :)

• Yes sir! Thanks for those.
  • i have same issue, i disabled the windows firewall but error is still, i am very upset Please help me.