Skip to content

Using multiple e-mail accounts in the project

edited March 2013 in Feature Requests
Using multiple email accounts for registration is very very good feature.

In my opinion would be very useful the option that tells GSA SER to use e-mail from this list randomly or selected ones or
something like this. Technically it will be more difficult for verification because GSA SER should remember which e-mail has been used for registration of that certain account and check corresponding e-mail account for this, but this feature could make SER more flexible and universal. Just create dozen e-mail accounts in google, yahoo or somewhere else and feed that list to GSA.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It uses them randomly by default nad verification is not an issue really.
  • what exactly this new feature does?.... i'm not sure if i understand correctly

Lets say we have 10 emails for 1 project... SER use 1 of those emails as catchall? or SER use them all randomly and for verifying ser login on each one then verify whatever it finds and then keep rolling?
    whenever a site needs an email for account creation e.g., it chooses one of the entered accounts randomly.
  • where or how can I set this up?
  • @thisisalex If you updated SER it has been implemented. I just saw it. Open a project and under E-Mail verification it is there now.
  • for this new feature

should we [check] use proxies (only Trans and Socks proxies)?

i'm on my home computer and if we don't enable it, it means for the multiple projects x the multiple emails within a project... they are all logging in via 1 ip? (sounds like this could cause problems)?

thanks for the help
    Usually proxies are not working with pop3's. Just leave it unchecked.
  • @Sven: You're the man!
    This is really awesome.

Only two small questions: 
    Is there a way to bulk import this e-mail list to all my projects at once? 
    Or a way to administer from one place a global list for all my projects?
  • @Sjoerdovitch - +1 for this suggestion. It would be helpful to have a "Global" email list that projects would automatically pull from and delete from the Global list as they are used.
  • +1 for a Global email account list. Good suggestion.

I add one thing and you request another one ;)

No right now you have to life with this.

• You're right, that was a bit cheeky :-\"

Thank you so much for this amazing addition! 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - if we can use a macro (Spinfile) to load the list from a single .txt file in correct format (like the import button) then we can have a single file that we manage and it will achieve the same as the global import. Would this be possible? This is another reason I use many macros...one update to impact multiple projects! (Like if my anchor text ratio is out, I just update 1 file, and all projects for that website get updated in one go - saves lots and lots of time on a slower connection too!) 
  • Hmm i have just created two new hotmail accounts, added them to GSA (both tested and working with GSA test) and tried to create new pligg accounts.

All accounts seems to be created with the first mail, second mail was not used at all - i dont see anything in deleted folder nor in inbox when i log in manually....

This feature is not working properly for me, not sure why.

@AlexR, for now it's not possible and Im not sure if it will.

@traged, please check for latest version...might fix something for you

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - I am using the macros for pop, login, password and it works perfectly. :-) The only issue is that it is 3 separate files, so have to be careful to check all details are correct in each file. :-) But it means if I have an issue with a catchall I just update 1 text file and it's all updated again. Quick and easy after initial setup! :-)

If I am moving over to new hotmail system, I'd need to be able to set a single file with a big list of hotmail accounts in it, that all T1 or T2 projects could use. 

This would be useful for example all T1 or T2 projects, where I'd rather use a hotmail than a catchall. So I could setup 100 to 150 T1 or T2 projects and then just specify 1 file that they all use. This way, to manage emails, I just check this 1 file in 1 project and remove bad emails from it and check it. 

OTHERWISE, I'd have to go into each project and update the emails 100 to 150 times, remove blacklist ones, and some fresh ones, remove deleted ones...and that is just too long to have to do that every week or every month on a slow connection (or even a fast one). 

In my opinion, until it solves this hurdle I don't see the value in the new email system at all over a catchall and a macro. 

How would you advise to handle the emails to 150 projects with the new email system? Maybe I'm missing a setting or something. 
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks very nice feature....

so the import feature

<email>:<password>   you don't actually need the <>   do you ?
  • edited March 2013
    @ranknow you don't need the <>
  • It looks like deleting the blackmailed email adresses from the list prevents email verification of already submitted items.
    Solution could be to be able to make the email adresses inactive (for submission), so the accounts can still be checked for verification mails.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Thee is a solution thats being developed by TheOrbital

Watch this space :D

• @alexr You managed to do it with the %spinfile-<filename>% macro?
    Then this should work too having only one file: %columnspinfile-<filename>-<column>%

What did you use as path for the .dat files? because I couldn't get it working...
  • Nevermind...with external file will not work anyway. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - can you comment on my remark on March 6? I'd like to use this feature for handling T1 or T2 projects...but just need to check before implementing. 
    @AlexR sorry but I think you should use no macros here anymore. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - OK. How do you handle the email checking for 50 to 100 T2 and T3 projects if there is no master list? It seems you have to go into each of the T2's and check the email blacklist, and then remove bad emails. 

Whereas, if you could use 1 file, you could open up 1 project test emails, and just remove bad ones and it will update the list which ALL T2 and T3's use. This way you don't need to edit all 50 to 100 T2 & T3 projects. 

Or is there another way to do this?
    It's a gui so use it I say ;P Sorry no macro usage here.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    No problem. :-)
  • @sven understood, but what about my remark on march9?: possibility to make emails adresses "verify only" when they are blacklisted...
    At this moment we loose the pending verifications when deleting email adresses from the list.
    @Sjoerdovitch thats planned yes...but not working now.