Skip to content

Which VPS configuration is most suitable for GSA 1000 Threads?

Which VPS configuration is most suitable for GSA for running 1000 Threads?
Tagged:

Comments

• What about this?
  • Is this okay ?

• You do not need more than 4GB of ram if all you are running is SER, as it is a 32 bit application. If you will be running more than SER on the VPS you need to take into account the amount of ram you’re going to need for those applications. 
    Thanked by 1shizzledizzleeee
  • I will be running GSA SER,  scrapebox,  gsa captcha breaker and gsa seo indexer 
  • Depending on the amount of instances of scrapebox you’re going to be running, a dedicated server might be more appropriate. I’d say 8gb ram minimum but the CPU is going to suffer miserably with a vps I think 
  • I think dedicated server is the best option.

• It seems this is a no go zone if you are planning to use public proxies.

• It seems this is a no go zone if you are planning to use public proxies.

They don’t want any abuse complaints. So make sure you don’t get any by using anonymous proxies. Doesn’t matter if public or private. 

• They say that public might leak their IP.
  • An anonymous proxy is an anonymous proxy. It does not matter if you paid for it or not. This is why all proxy scrapers or other tools that use proxies have built in anonymous tests to filter out proxies that do leak IP. But ok.
  • Also you can get cheaper dedicated servers from other places. I dont use solid seo vps personally. For small time vps they arent bad but theres better hardware for better prices if you look around. Hetzner, OVH are a couple that most people use when you get into the dedicated server class of user
  • Thanks. This seems good but they don't have windows operating system for free.
  • Thanks. This seems good but they don't have windows operating system for free.
    https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ax41-nvme/configurator#/
  • edited June 2022
    Nope. They sure dont. Nothing is ever really free anyway. I have a product key to windows server that i use. The company I use installs windows server trial which is good and free for 180 days. I just use my product key after that IF i keep the server that long. There's various ways to obtain a windows server product key.
  • how many private proxies do we need to run gsa ser at 1000 threads? 500? 1000?
  • edited June 2022
    100 dedicated proxies is the bare minimum I would consider to run 1000 threads, with high timeout set. Something like 180 seconds. 
  • thanks again buddy!
  • Nope. They sure dont. Nothing is ever really free anyway. I have a product key to windows server that i use. The company I use installs windows server trial which is good and free for 180 days. I just use my product key after that IF i keep the server that long. There's various ways to obtain a windows server product key.
    Hey. This is what they(Hetzner Online GmbH) told me about windows server operating system.

Our dedicated root servers are completely unmanaged. We do not offer to install any OS or Software that we do not offer.

You are free to install it yourself.

Is this possible to install it(Free Trial), once I make a purchase.
  • Nope. They sure dont. Nothing is ever really free anyway. I have a product key to windows server that i use. The company I use installs windows server trial which is good and free for 180 days. I just use my product key after that IF i keep the server that long. There's various ways to obtain a windows server product key.
    And which server do you use I would lie to know because I have contacted (Hetzner) and they told me I can install it myself. I don't know how to go about it. Is it possible to download and install it once I pay Them?
  • There's a video of the process here: 

It's a couple of years old but should still be relevant I think
  • edited June 2022
    Nope. They sure dont. Nothing is ever really free anyway. I have a product key to windows server that i use. The company I use installs windows server trial which is good and free for 180 days. I just use my product key after that IF i keep the server that long. There's various ways to obtain a windows server product key.
    And which server do you use I would lie to know because I have contacted (Hetzner) and they told me I can install it myself. I don't know how to go about it. Is it possible to download and install it once I pay Them?
    I honestly don’t know which server I use. 64gb ram and 500gb SSD minimum with preference of nvme over ssd. Those are the specs I need for what I do. I push just about any CPU to 75-99% and ram around 65-75% with multiple instances of scrapebox, GSA PI, SER all that stuff.

you download windows server trial from microsoft.
  • cherub said:
    There's a video of the process here: 

It's a couple of years old but should still be relevant I think
    Cool This is helpful.
  • Sven said:
    Signing up through this. AWS really let me down.
  • Momo said:
    Sven said:
    Signing up through this. AWS really let me down.
    They are good. I have been using them for quit a while.
  • Well they can't be that good. Been waiting for a phone verification call from them at check out that never arrived. Not a good sign...
  • edited July 2022
    Momo said:
    Well they can't be that good. Been waiting for a phone verification call from them at check out that never arrived. Not a good sign...
    They will cancel your account because of “fraud” after this. Even though all you want to do is rent a VPS. They call you a fraud. I’ve dealt with them. Their policies are bad.
  • Momo said:
    Well they can't be that good. Been waiting for a phone verification call from them at check out that never arrived. Not a good sign...
    They will cancel your account because of “fraud” after this. Even though all you want to do is rent a VPS. They call you a fraud. I’ve dealt with them. Their policies are bad.
    Their loss, they lost a potential customer. I still need a VPS provider though. Open to suggestions.
  • contabo.com
  • In the end I went with OVHcloud. So far I'm very impressed.